Chapter 17: Hurt

"Appa? Are we going somewhere?" Sayu asks when she saw Jimin packing clothes into a big bag.

"No sweety, we're not. Only me" Jimin smiles while continue packing his stuffs. '

"Where are you going? How many days are you going? Will you come back fast? Do you really have to go?" Sayu asks, sad as she didn't want Jimin to leave her.

Jimin froze a bit hearing Sayu's questions. He bits his lips hard as he afraid that he would change his mind. He shakes his head a bit and continue packing. Once he finished packing, he gestures at Sayu to sit with him.

"Sayu ah, ummm... from now on, I will not going to stay here anymore"

"......why not?" Sayu was so close to burst into tears when she heard Jimin.

"Hmm... I have a brother. And just like you and daddy, my brother wants to live together as a family. So, I'm going to stay with my brother just like how you want to stay with daddy." Jimin explains while wiping tears away from Sayu's cheeks.

"b-but, Sayu also want to stay with Appa. We're family too right? Can't your brother stay with us? He can sleep with me. I can sleep on the floor, he can take my bed. Please don't go appa" Sayu was sobbing hard now. Jimin is trying hard not to cry because if he did, he couldn't leave anymore.

"I would love to have him here, but Uncle Yoongi, my brother, he lives far away from here and he also works far away from here. So, he can't move here or it would a trouble for him. I promise you, even if we don't live together, we still can meet at the Elderly's oak. Daddy will always bring you there to visit me. And I will come here to visit you too" Jimin tried to comfort Sayu.

"No! I don't want you to leave, appa! Please stay, I'll be good... please!" Sayu cries even harder now.

Jimin has no choice but to hugs her tightly. "Sayu, don't worry, appa will come back. He's going away just for a while. I promise we will bring him back" Jungkook said, consoling his daughter. Jimin knows that he had to lie otherwise Sayu will be crying non-stop once he left.

"P-promise?" Sayu looks at his daddy's expression. Jungkook nods and kiss her forehead, promising that Jimin will come back soon.

Jungkook offers to send Jimin to Yoongi's house but Jimin refused saying that Yoongi will come and fetch him here. Plus, if Jungkook and Sayu go to Yoongi's house, he's afraid that Sayu insist to stay there with him.

Soon, Yoongi arrived, Jimin smiles and hugs Sayu dearly. He makes lots of jokes, trying to make Sayu laughs. And it always amazed Jungkook on how Jimin could easily makes Sayu laughs after crying hard.

After he bids them goodbye, they took off to Yoongi's apartment. Once they leave the neighborhood, Jimin lets his tears fall. He already misses both of them. He's been holding for so long and he cried until it was hard to breathe. Yoongi just keeps his silence, letting Jimin cries his heart out.

**************************************

The next few days was hard for both Jungkook and Sayu but it was okay. They still can handle it. But after two weeks, things get hard for them. Jungkook often forgot to do grocery shopping because the last few months, Jimin would be the one who does that. Sayu also had trouble sleeping at night since Jimin always tucks her in before. somehow, the house feels lonely and empty without jimin's presence. it's just---didn't feel alive at all.

Sure they spend twice a week to visit Jimin but it wasn't the same. Especially not for Jimin and Jungkook. Each time Jungkook gets closer, Jimin would find various excuses to avoid him. he doesn't care even when the excuses sounds ridiculous, if it makes it clear for Jungkook that he's avoiding him, then it's enough.

"Jimin ah... why are you acting like this?"

"Like what?" Jimin makes himself busy with his works, not even spare a glance at Jungkook.

"Why are you avoiding me?" Jungkook grabs Jimin's elbow making him facing Jungkook.

"Let's just accept the fact that everything is over between us. The only connection that we have is you are the father of the kid that I love the most. That's all" Jimin removes Jungkook's hand from his and continue stacking the folded clothes in his shelf.

"What!? What do you mean it's over? We're not over!" Jungkook shouts a bit louder, disbelief that those words comes out from Jimin's mouth and he's being so calm about it like it's nothing.

"Come on, we both knows that this doesn't work between us. I don't want Sayu to experience what I went through. Therefore Mr. Jeon, there's nothing between us, and will never happen in the future." Jimin picks up the empty boxes in front of him and walks away, leaving Jungkook speechless. He knows Jungkook very well. Both of them wouldn't want to hurt Sayu.

And no matter how much Jungkook hates it, he has to accept that things could never work between them. Jimin could've find himself a better man than him. But he himself wasn't sure that he's going to be okay if Jimin ends up with someone else.

###############################