Chapter eleven

Authors note

Just so you guys know in preparation for this next chapter and so forth, I changed the club she's in. She isn't in Drama club she is in the Swim club.

(For you my Tree friend XD)

Oh and I edited it so it is also now pouring rain around them.

So yeah, enjoy!

And comment/vote please! I would love your feedback!

Thoughts on Hunter?

Erika?

Drew?

Without farther ado...

Erika's POV

I hear someone calling my name over and over again, it sounds muffled between the rain, my sobs, and my pounding heart.

'Just like him. Just like him."

The words repeat in my mind, over and over again.

I hear my name again and this time look up to see big blue eyes full of panic, and concern. When our eyes meet I can see the panic subside but the worry is still there. I'm about to question why he acts like this when he quickly closes the gap between us in several long strides and scoops me up into his lap.

Any resolve of mine to keep calm is broken by the gentle way he holds me like I'm a fragile doll who will break if he holds too tight, and I crack. The dam breaks and all my tears, and frustrations are pouring out of me and wetting his chest as I ball his collar up into my hands, and just cry.

My sobs get heavier and heavier till I am wheezing and my body is shaking, I am bracing myself for the moment when Hunter decides that I am too much for him to deal with, and for him to walk away- but that moment never comes.

Instead, he pulls me tighter into the safety of his arms, and he soothingly rubs my back while stroking my hair to calm me down.

"Shhhhhhh, hey it's okay. It's all right, I've got you. Let it all out, it will be our little secret." He said those words to me once before... Normally I would have been upset that he brought that night up, but now his words bring me comfort.

He freezes like he expects me to freak and to let him know it's okay I do exactly what he said; what I've needed to do for a long time.

I just let it all pour out of me like a flooding river, gripping his collar even tighter and now burying my face in his chest as I sob. He tightens his grip on me even more- but not in a possessive way. No he holds me gently, but firmly to his chest, shielding me from the outside world as the rain illuminates the muscles on his arms. His breaths tickle my ear as he whispers comforting words into it.

'Its okay, I've got you, it's okay...'

He tucks a stray piece of my hair behind my ear; and he stays here.

He stayed here after he found out about my wrist.

He stayed here after I tried so many times to push him away- only resulting in bringing him closer.

He stayed here during my fit of sobs.

And he stays here now- long after my cries have stopped, just holding me in his arms, and suddenly I get it. He never was toying with me, he genuinely cares. I don't know why he cares for someone like me, but he does.

Fat.

Ugly.

Emo.

Freak.

Worthless.

Mistake.

And just like that, all those words seem to slip out of my mind. He makes me feel beautiful just the way I am, he is still here even though he knows about my blade.

With him I feel as if I have worth.

With him I feel perfect just the way I am.

And I decide to believe him;

Just this once.

Second Authors note

This is not the end of the book!

This is just the 'turning point' I guess you could say in Erika's story. There is so much still to come. And there will be at least one more turning point, if not a couple. But yeah DONT BE ALARMED!!!! THIS STORY IS NOT OVER YET!!!!

Vote and comment PLEEEEASE!

Maybe if I am bugged about it enough I will give a little more info about 'that one night' soon...

Yes, I suppose this is a bit of black-mail, my dear friends. XD.

Wishing you all Hunters

~Em