Chapter fifteen

Erika's POV

I wake up in a strange room.

I am surrounded by football posters and old trophies; I have absolutely no idea where I am, and I don't know how I got here, and yet I don't panic. I have an odd sense of security, something that I haven't felt in quite some time.

There is a warm body surrounding me. I am wrapped tightly to his side, Hunter. Where I ever I am he brought me.

I wonder if I did it again? I usually break at night, my sobs muffled by a pillow.

Suddenly a hand brushes the hair out of my face and I look up to see Hunter with a small smile on his face.

'Whats that about?'

I don't ask that outloud, instead I ask

"Where are we Hunter?" I remember absolutely nothing about last night other than my dreams. Even those were odd, I may have the occasional nightmare when the voices follow me into sleep, but I usually don't dream.

I certainly never have pleasant dreams, but last night...

'Fat.

Ugly.

Stupid.

Undeserving.

Worthless.

Mistake.

Unloved.' And then suddenly the voices changed and merged as one,

but this voice brought me a sense of peace.

'Amazing.

Valuable.

Brilliant.

Precious.

Beautiful.

Perfect.'

I've never had any of those things be said to me. That dream almost made me feel okay, which is the best it gets for me. Compared to my usual 'I don't give a shit anymore' mood, this was Cloud nine.

"My bedroom," He must have noticed my expression because he quickly starts laughing and clutching his stomach while wiping away tears from laughing so hard.

"No, nothing like that! God Erika I know I'm hot and all but I would never take advantage of you like that!" I force a scowl on my face even though he is almost bringing a smile to my lips- something no one has done in years.

"Laugh all you want Hunter," I don't go on, the threat is present in my voice and the way I am staring him in the eye.

"Sorry- it's just-" His voice trails off into another fit of laughter. When he finally sobers up he looks straight at me and I swear I could get lost in his gaze for hours.

"Erika, I would never, ever do anything to you while you are incapacitated whether you are sleeping, or drunk.

All that happen last night was that you were sleeping so deeply I didn't want to wake you up so I brought you here."

"To your bedroom."

"To my bedroom." He clarifies

"I'm sorry for doing this without asking you, you were so tired I didn't have the heart to wake you."

"It's fine," A moment goes between us in comfortable silence when suddenly I remember something.

"Hunter, how long was I sleeping?"

"A couple of hours, why?"

'A couple of hours'

" Hunter," I say slowly because I'm afraid of what he might tell me.

"What time is it?"

"About midnight, why?"

"Shit! Shit shit shit shit shit! My parents! They're going to be so angry!"

"Erika, what's the big deal? Just tell them that you fell asleep at a friends house, they'll understand."

"No they won't! You don't understand- you don't know my parents!

Nononononononononononononono-"

My hands go cold and I fall to my knees. My breathing becomes shallow, quick pants.

"Erika!" Strong arms scoop me up and pull me into a warm chest.

"Calm down, you're having a panic attack."

But I'm not listening, my heart is racing and my chest hurts.

I can feel blackness creeping into my vision.

"Shhhhhhhhh, hey it's okay. It's going to be alright..." A hand starts stroking my hair and rubbing my back.

"Relax, deep breaths, can you do that for me?" I barley nod, even that little movement is hard right now.

"In...out...in...out. That's good keep going." I do what the voice tells me and slowly I can begin to see an image in front of me.

The voice belongs to Hunter who is staring intently into my eyes. I am being cradled in his arms.

I can see the thought form in his head

'Freak' And my heart breaks.

"I-I'm so sorry. God, I-"

"Erika" I wait to hear what I know is coming; that I'm too much to handle. I wait to hear that I am too screwed up to deal with and I completely agree. I wait for him to tell me he is done, and that helping me was a mistake, but he never does. Instead he snakes his arms under my shoulders and pulls me into his chest. He buries his face in my hair and holds me tight. He is holding me like if he lets go I will fall apart which I honestly might.

The gentleness with which he holds me causes me to break down again.

"Hunter, I don't understand why you're doing this,"

"No, Erika don't." His voice is muffled by my hair.

"But I don't-"

"I care, how many times will I need to say it for you to believe me?!?" His voice holds real anguish and I want to believe him, I really do, but I just can't.

"Hunter, you know better than anyone that I have serious trust issues. You at least should be able to understand that." I look away as memories of that night begin to flood through my mind- or what's left of it that is.

Authors note:

Thank the Lord, JustA2000sKid

Is still alive! Someone found him and got him to the hospital on time. He will survive.

Onto the stooorrry!

What do you think, will we finally find out what happened that night?!?

You will all just have to wait to fid out,

MWAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH!

And I wanted to let you all know in advance that (even though this story is not done yet)

there WILL BE A SEQUEL TO JUST THIS ONCE!

And in this Sequel Hunter will have the main POV, just like Erika has the main POV for this story.

I think you guys will like that very much

*smirk.

I'll be updating soon

~Em