Chapter twenty-seven

Erika's POV

That night I dreamt of Ezekiel, but not as I had before, this was a good memory, probably the last we had.

"Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?" I pestered while poking Zeke as we drove on to a mystery destination in his mothers minivan (his motorcycle was in the shop for the night, or so he told me)

"I'm never going to tell you! Baby, give up already!" I could tell he was fighting back a grin with a smile tugging at his lips as he playfully swatted my hand away.

"NEVERLAND!!!!" I shout in defiance and he chuckles bringing my hand to his lips.

"You'll never stop with those fandom references will you?"

"Nopppppppe!" I announced popping the P like in every other WattPad book I read (maybe I read to much? NEVER ERIKA!!!!)
All of a sudden he starts laughing hysterically.
"What?!?" I demand and he starts shaking his head still laughing.

"You have that look in your face when you're debating with yourself."

"I DO NOT HAVE A LOOK!"
Do I????????????
All of a sudden he starts laughing even harder.

"WHAT!??"

"You're doing it again!!!!"

"GAHHHHHH DAMMIT!" I turn towards the window and attempt to pout so He laughs and turns around to quickly peck my cheek.

"You are adorkable Erika Matthews," How can I be mad at that? Ugh I can't.

"Fuck you Ezekiel Michaels!" I exclaim but I am fighting a smile and he knows it too.
"Now where are we going!?!" Changing the subject.. Always a good plan.

"You'll see! We're almost there!" After that I turned on the radio and stared out the window sighing and losing myself in the music. I love disappearing like this... If it weren't for Zeke I could just go..

"Hey," I feel a gentle squeeze on my shoulder and look over to see his frown.
"What are you thinking about? Talk to me baby," He grabs my hands and starts rubbing his thumb over my knuckles reassuringly. He looks at me and the understanding soft look makes vulnerability shine through me. He knows, but he wants to hear it anyway because he gets it, part of me wishes he didn't get it so I could pretend to be okay.
"I-I-" I sputter as I struggle with words and he wraps his arm around me so I turn my face into his leather jacket and breathe in his scent of pine and wind from many nights out on his motorcycle. We drive like this for quite some time until I feel his other arm wrap around me also an pull me onto his lap.
He holds me against his chest as I calm myself down without saying a word and that's good, I don't know if I could handle it if he spoke.
Then he opens the car door and holds my hand as I climb out, and then we continue to hold hands as I take in our surroundings.
We are at a cute little street market/ mini-mall thing near an adorable little cafe. My dream date.
We walk around looking at all the little trinkets at holiday decorations, light snowflakes begin to fall so he puts an arm around me to keep me warm. We walk around for a while until our lips start to turn blue and we decide to go in for coffee then. I sit on the couch by the crackling fire and a steaming mug of coffee is put in my hands. I sit back enjoying the aroma as the hot bitter liquid rises to my nose. Mmmmmmm, I drink mine black (like my soul), it tastes better this way (Zeke agrees with me,
But he prefers his to be spiked).

"Are you enjoying this?" He asks after smiling and taking a big sip of coffee and hell knows what else he snuck in through that little bottle of his in his pocket.