Chapter twenty two

This chapter is dedicated to @divergentfan_13

Julez you kept me up all night to write this :P WAS IT WORTH IT?!!

Erika's POV

The wind blowing through my hair and the salt of the lake smelling strongly in the air. I was on the platform of the earth. Standing at the point between life, and death, for me at least.

'Things would be better if you were gone.'

'Everyone would be so much better off without you.'

They'd all be fine.

'Hunter deserves more then you.'

They all do.

'You're such a mistake.'

I know.

'Go slit your wrist.'

I deserve it

'I hate you.'

I hate me too. I close my eyes and inch closer to the edge.

'Kill yourself.'

Gladly.

"I'm sorry." It is barely a whisper as I teeter on the edge of life and death.

My death.

The death that is deserved.

I step one foot off and-

"What the hell are you doing?!?" I hear a car door slam and see that kid that was with Hunter the other day; Drew. He is king of the jocks along with Hunter, from what I have gathered they are best friends. He has three of their fellow sporties trailing behind him.

'I don't give a fuck who he is, he just made a huge mistake in making me live a day longer.'

"Nothing." He stomps towards me and roughly grabs my shoulder pulling me from the edge.

"Don't give me that bull. You were at the edge of the bridge- what the hell do you think you were doing?!?

"Why does it fucking matter to you?!?"

At this he gives a dark laugh.

"You think you are so important Erika... it doesn't. I don't care one damn bit about you, in fact I'd be all for letting you just continue whatever you were about to do, but I can't because for some fucking reason my best friend is into you. I can't see why, all you do is hurt him you know? You keep pushing him away, and he is more and more determined to get closer to be shot down again.

But he keeps trying.

He could have any girl, and he chooses you. The girl who keeps hurting him."

"You don't know shit," I spit my words back at him."

"He really likes you. I'm not sure why," Drew keeps stepping closer as he speaks until my back is against his car.

A van with tinted windows.

We are nose to nose, chest to chest.

"Hunter would be jealous that I'm here and not him. What else are you hiding behind these beauties?" With this he squeezes my right cup.

He laughs along with his sports addicts and I feel as if the wind was knocked from my lungs.

Suddenly I'm there; back on that horrible night two years ago. I was a fool. I was in a happy relationship; or so I thought, with the schools badass, his name was Ezekiel Michaels.