21

Your POV:

I was drowning and I couldn't breathe, but all I felt was a stab in my chest.

I screamed but no voice came. Only garbled noise as bubbles went up to the surface.

Even while sinking to the floor, I felt my tears prick the edges of my eyes.

Namjoon is dating... he loves a girl... and it's not me...

I cried out again until I jerked awake.

Everone was staring down at me and this situation felt very familiar... yet I was alienated. There was a constant sorrow hanging in the air.

"Y/n, what happened? Are you okay? Why did you faint?," Jin asked, worried.

Oh right. They don't know I love them.

"I.. guess I was just tired... exams and everything..," I waved a lifeless hand.

"And I thought she fainted because of the news," Taehyung laughed. "Although, the one who should have fainted because of that is Jin hyung," he was on the floor now and everyone else was trying desperately not to laugh.

"It's not funny," He retorted but even I, who was dead inside, thought it was one of the best jokes Taehyung had ever cracked, excluding all the alien ones.

"So it's true, then?," Suga asked suddenly and all the attention was on Rapmon, thank God.

There was the longest pause in the history of exaggerated pauses (even more than my update breaks) and my heartbeat got fainter and fainter with every tick of the clock.

And then he nodded.

And my heart stopped. I cupped my mouth to not let the painful gasp out.

Suddenly, I was done. I was utterly and completely done with everyone. I was done with BTS. I was done with life.

While they all huddled Rapmon and asked the details, I picked my stuff up and headed for home.

I knew they would date eventually... so why am I hurting so much? I even got to touch them.. see them, talk to them.. get to know them but even then... I can't be THAT girl for any of them. I knew that... I knew that... so why am I hurting?

Should I quit this job? One after another, they ARE going to date... can I take standing this close to them and watching them in love... with someone else? I should quit, shouldn't I?

As I was about to exit the building, someone tapped my shoulder.

Jungkook.

"You're not okay," he said.
"What? No... I'm okay." I couldn't smile at all.
He stared at my face, looking for a sign but I looked at my feet. "I should get going before I miss the bus," I said, wanting to run away from them as quickly as I could.

He grabbed my wrist. "You fainted because of the news, didn't you?"

What the fuck?

"Wh-No! I was just... tired.. I just want to go home," I pleaded as tears filled my eyes that I filled back in the tear glands. Dammit, why am I not a wizard at times like these?

"You were crying while you were out, and I faintly heard you call out to 'Namjoon oppa', so don't lie," he said, not letting go.

What? I said that? Did everyone hear? Did Namjoon hear?

"Please tell me... no one else heard that," I cried spectacularly and started trembling.
Even through the haze of tears, I saw his shocked expression and then he said, "You didn't say anything. Relax. No one knows, but me."

I was hurt, humiliated and angry. He lied to hear me confess? He knew I was... all this and he had the guts to pull this trick on me? Just so his hunch could be proven right?

"Well, congrats. You hit the jackpot. Your guess was right. Must feel so satisfied now. Now that you have seen me make a fool out of myself, please enjoy. Alone," I said through gritted teeth.

In that moment, I was literally done. I was so done with everything and everyone in this building.

They weren't mine for me to cry for them.

They weren't human enough to be friends with.

And I certainly couldn't look at them without ripping my heart right out of my chest.

"I didn-," Jungkook started, appalled at my words.

But I cut him off.

"I quit."

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Hehe I needed a break lol so maybe this is going to be that last chapter before the hiatus xD

Because after here, it goes on strong on emotions and crap ugh which is a tough nut to crack as an author like... *sigh*

And seriously? 11K? I remember screaming my head off for 500 reads 😭 thank you~

And I'll try to keep author's notes shorter now 😂😂😂