31

Your POV:

Walking up to school today was even more killing that it usually was. Deep down, I felt awful for having to confront sunbae and turn him down. I didn't want to lose him as a friend...

My thoughts were interrupted when someone smacked on my shoulder.
"What 'chu thinking about?," Yoona said, walking beside me.
When did she come?
"What? Nothing."
She raised an eyebrow and I suddenly remembered Jungkook did that.
"It certainly is, 'cause you're blushing. Was it sunbae you were so deep in thought about?," she wiggled her eyebrows and I frowned.

Great. Now I'm going to have to break it down to her as well. This is just swell.

"Yoona...," I started. "I... I can't date right now.. you know, with the finals and my job... I don't have the time," I said which wasn't entirely wrong. I was a busy person, despite what it looked like.

She looked startled. "You rejected him?"
Not yet.
"No. But I'm going to. It's just.. wrong timing I guess."
"Do you.. like him?," she suddenly asked after a long pause.
I sighed because it was the moment of truth. "As a friend, yeah."
"Well a heart wants what a heart wants, right?," she smiled apologetically.

                         🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

It was lunch time and I hadn't seen sunbae until then. I felt bad for having been relieved at not seeing him around. But I knew I couldn't let him hang on forever.

So I texted him to meet me on the rooftop.

I was so caught up in rehearsing what to say that I didn't realize Jungkook eyeing me in the cafeteria. I stood up and left for the rooftop, hoping for all the good I'd done, sunbae won't get hurt.

"Oh!!," I gasped when I saw sunbae already there. I hadn't expected him to be here this soon.
"Well, here I am," he said and I slowly approached him.

I drew a shaking breath. Why is this so hard? I've rejected guys before!

"S-sunbae, I am so sorry but I.. c-can't date right now. With studies.. and everything..," I said, not making eye contact. I figured not rubbing the fact I was dating Jungkook in his face would be a better way so I stuck with the "I'm busy" excuse.

To my surprise, he gave me a sad smile and walked towards me. He just kept looking at me and my resolve crumbled. In a voice thick with emotion, he finally said, "it's because you like Jungkook, right?"

And hot tears pooled my eyes as I said, "please don't stop being my friend. I don't want to lose you, no matter how selfish that sounds..."

His face softened and he wiped my tears with his thumbs, then hugged me tightly. "Just because you don't like me that way, does not make you any less of a friend, y/n. Don't cry, I understand," he said and patted my head.

I sniffed and looked up at him, pretty sure my tear and snot streaked face would make him revolt but instead he laughed and poked my forehead.

"Let's get something to eat before the bell rings," he said, rubbing his tummy.
"I'll be down after fixing myself," I smiled.

After he was gone, I wiped my face off with my sleeve and slapped ny cheeks to bring in some color to my face.

"I can do that for you," someone growled and I jumped around.
"J-Jungkook!," I stuttered and hid my face with my hands because I was sure I looked ugly.

Funny how I don't want him to see me like that when I had no trouble showing my snot to sunbae.

"Don't hide away, ducky. Look at me," he coaxed as he approached me.
Looking up, I saw that he looked.. angry.
"So you need help with those slaps?," he raised an eyebrow and even though I knew he was pissed for some reason, I still blushed.

I was speechless.

"Is that how you turn down every guy?"
"What?"
"Hugging and being all mushy and sensitive?," he crossed his arms.
"No... I.. it didn't.. mean..," I tried speaking but the horror that Jungkook thought I was cheating on him tied my tongue.

He shook his head slightly. "I know that, ducky. I trust you. I just don't like other guys touching what's mine. And when I know he has feelings for you," he clenched his teeth and I was overcome with a warm feeling I felt around him.

I held his hand, looked at it and said, "he's just a friend. A dear friend, but I like you and that's what matters here."

He pulled me in and hugged me so tightly I heard a little crack. "Now his hug is masked with mine," he whispered against my neck and I gasped.

Then I laughed at his jealousy and pecked his cheek.

Omo. What did I do? Did I just kiss his cheek in the heat of the moment? Ohmygod I kissed his cheek! I KISSED HIS CHEEK!

And I started to panic a little when he pulled away and looked at me with wide eyes. "It's the first time you kissed me," he said, awestruck as he touched his cheek.

He blushed slightly as he said, "I'm going to cherish it."

So we both stood there, blushing and smiling like fools when the bell rang.

My stomach growled and I realized I hadn't had lunch. Jungkook laughed and said, "Well, since I made your stomach quack, let's watch a movie later tonight with some pizza, okay?"

I nodded, blushing harder as I punched my stomach to shut up.

"It's a date," he said walking towards the stairs beside me. Then he whispered in my ear, "oh, and by the way, I hope the next one is here," he traced my lip with his thumb, and off he went smirking.

My soul just left the body.

Vote, share and comment, ducklings ❤