34

Your POV:

I woke up smiling. I wasn't a sad person, not really. But I never knew I wasn't happy either until I had Jungkook. You don't know what you're missing until you actually get it.

For the first time in my life, I wasn't worried about my mom, or anything, for that matter. I was in the moment, enjoying what I had and not even missing what I hadn't.

....except the fact that my birthday was going to be in a week and I didn't know how to tell Jungkook without seeming like I want him to give me a present or something. I just wanted to spend my day with him.

So, I planned a date, without him knowing it was my birthday. Besides, how do you casually drop in, "hey, by the way, it's my birthday" without sounding petty and making the other uncomfortable?

I rehearsed asking Jungkook out while getting dressed for school. It seemed so simple in my head to ask him to watch a movie (and that promise of his would be a present in itself) and have a nice meal. No bullshit.

As I absent mindedly put a toast in my mouth, my mom, herself getting ready for work asked, "What do you want to do for your birthday, y/n?"

I was taken aback. "You remember?"
"Of course I do!," she said defensively. And then when I raised an eyebrow (a habit I had picked up from Jungkook), she sighed, "Junhyung called and asked what I had planned," she said sheepishly.

I felt warmth for sunbae in my heart and thought of a way to spend some time with him and Yoona too.

"Well, nothing too fancy. I probably won't even be at home the entire day then," I said, hoping to spend it with Jungkook. Was I greedy to want to spend my special day with him instead of my friends?

I sighed. If only I could hang out with the three of them... and then I realized I hadn't even told Yoona yet. But was it okay to tell her I was dating her bias...?

That thought will have to wait. Right now, I had to ask Jungkook out.

Funny, in the 2 months we'd been together, I hadn't planned a date once. It was always him, asking me about my plans.

But he didn't have to tell me his schedule, anyway. I was his no. 1 stalker - I mean fan, and worked with him so...

"Y/n!," Yoona waved at me as soon as she spotted me.
"So, what are your plans for your birthday?," she said as soon as I caught up to her.
"Well... Nothing, really," I said vaguely, hoping she'd drop the subject although I knew it was impossible.

She raised an eyebrow and I thought, Jeez, is everyone doing that now?

"You can't sulk on your birthday, bish. You're hanging out with us and it's done," she said with such finality that if I protested, it would look rude and honestly, I didn't wanna break her heart. She wanted to spend my birthday with me and I was thinking of ways to ditch her and hang out with Jungkook instead.... who didn't even know it was my birthday.

Having a secret boyfriend did not mean I had no friends. I needed fo start being a good friend.

I smiled and walked along with her, content. I didn't have to spend every single day with him, anyway.

                        🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Having lunch, I finally saw Jungkook for the first time. I choked on my ramen when he winked at me.

"You okay?," sunbae looked at me, concerned. He walked across the table and patted my back to help me swallow the nonexistent mushroom.

I gave him a thumbs up and gulped water as he went back to his seat.

"I'm okay," I said, hoarse and looked at Jungkook to give him a dirty glare when I saw him bore holes in sunbae's back.

Crap.

"So, it's miss Clumsy's last birthday with sunbae before he graduates," Yoona said, giving me a look.
"Hey I'll always be there for her. Don't say it like that," he pretended to be hurt.

"Of cooouuuurseee," Yoona smirked and I rolled my eyes, positively enjoying Jungkook fuming at Yoona's reaction.

"So, how about we surprise you, y/n?," Sunbae winked at me and I spat water on Yoona.

"YAAHHH!!!," She got up, shrugging at her clothes while sunbae laughed and I apologized repeatedly.

In all this fiasco, I didn't notice Jungkook leave.

Jeez. Why is everyone winking at me?

I thought that as I accompanied Yoona to the restrooms, apologizing profusely.

Jungkook's POV:

Although I knew ducky did not like her sunbae, I just hated it when he got to be this close with her, in public... and touch her when I knew he had feelings for her. It made me furious that she didn't understand that even if SHE didn't like him, HE liked her and I don't LIKE having him touch her, KNOWING that.

My anger went off the roof when the bastard winked at her. He winked at my girl. Mine.

Ducky was too flustered with having sprayed at her friend so I walked off, to let some steam out.

I couldn't help but chuckle at her choking when I winked at her. How can I stay mad at her?

"Jungkook," someone called me and I turned around.

Her. Sunbae.

"Can I talk to you for a moment?"

I wanted to just ignore him and walk away but I knew it must be about Y/n so I forced myself to stand still and give a curt nod. Man this is hard.

"I kind.. of need to ask you for a favor," he said, making it clear it was as distasteful for him as it was for me. Okay, less work for me, not having to pretend to like him.

"Can you arrange for a little fan meeting with Yoona and Y/N? Just the two of them and I promise, it will be a secret and no media. You already know y/n," he said and I raised an eyebrow.

"Why?"

He looked at me with a confused expression. "Well, y/n always wanted to attend your fan meets and never got the chance. I know she works for you, but it's not the same. So, I wanted her to witness that being a fan with her best friend... like a normal fan. Not your staff. I want to gift this to her, surprise her," he smiled and trailed off... and then, "because it's her birthday next week."

And my heart rammed into my chest.

It was ducky's birthday? And I did not know?

But what hurt me more, was that it was he who told me about it.

I didn't know who I was more mad at. Him, y/n... or myself.

A/n: I'm sorry my updates suck..
Tried to make it likeable for 100k reads but meh. I suck lol.

Anyway, vote share and comment..

If you feel like it lol xD