How?

How do you exactly go and tell someone about a serious disease?
You can't just be like 'Hey guys! Nice job on the food and by the way I have schizophrenia!' That just isn't how it works.
For those of you who don't know what schizophrenia is, it's a disorder that affects a person's ability to think, feel, and behave clearly. The main ways it effected Lance was with hearing voices, lack of emotional responses, a slowness in activity, anxiety, social isolation and self-harm. So when he was sucked into space with no one who knew of his condition, things went downhill fast. Without his medicines or weekly therapy sessions, the teen's mental state took a plunge. He was no longer able to express the right emotions at the right time, nor could he respond to situations as fast. One time everyone was celebrating their recent win, and he kinda just sat off to the side with a depressing look on his face. The voices in his head had grown to become more self-depreciating, causing him to start self-harm again, and his anxiety levels to spike to unbelievable highs.
This had been greatly affecting the team, leading to a group discussion within the team.
No one new what to expect from the upcoming conversation.
"Lance, we're worried about you. You've been acting strangely and we haven't been able to form voltron as smoothly," Shiro confronted his teammate. "You've locked yourself in your room for the past month and I don't know how many times you have skipped a meal."
Lance stared at his leader,mumbling incoherent things to himself, with a blank look on his face.
"Lance?" No response.
"Buddy?" Yet again nothing.
"Lance!" That seemed to work, as he blinked his eyes a few times and glanced around to see his teammates' worried faces.
"Sorry guys. Lillian and Jonathan have been going at it again. Can't really think properly anymore." Everyone stared at him in bewilderment at his words. "Lillian! Just apologize sheesh!" No one said anything. "Don't you dare give me that sass, young lady! Oh so that's how it's gonna be."
Lance had been having a one-on-one conversation with himself and it seemed to be going nowhere. "...um Lance? What's going on?" Hunk questioned, worried. "Guess the cat's out of the bag," he sighed. "I have schizophrenia and it's pretty bad, I think." 
"Oh."
It was so obviously tense at their current predicament.
"Well then...um we should get going..." Keith wasn't helping the situation by just awkwardly leaving. "Sure thing!" Lance smiled quite brightly and walked off to his room.
The team just kind of stared at each other and didn't know what to say.
How where you supposed to respond to someone randomly telling you that they had schizophrenia?
--
kind of see what I did there? made the ending similar to the start. rushed ofc but I'm tired and can barely type. enjoy this shit chapter and thanks for all the votes, comments, and reads!