Nothing more, nothing less

A young boy with dreams of reaching the stars stared longingly every night.
He could almost feel the heat radiating off them, experience the brightness they created.
But it was all but a dream, a foolish, childish one that was never meant to be fulfilled.
The chains keeping him on Earth were relentless and he couldn't make it out.
His long-lasting dreams of reaching the stars were gone and instead replaced with dreams of the piano.
He would practice day and night, long slender fingers gliding over the keys.
The melodies he played, labored over, all contained his agony over the lost dream.
He could only hope the stars listened to his playing, heard how desperately he wanted to be with them.
But he would never know if he reached them, never know if the effort he put in was worth it.
So he settled, settled for nothing more than being a mere spectator in the grand ocean of viewers.
The stars couldn't tell the difference and he learned to accept that.
No longer was he a young boy with dreams far above his head.
Instead, he was Lance, a man talented with the keys and simply enamored with the stars.
Nothing more, nothing less.
•••
once again i've come back but like idk if i'll be back. ty for 100k views and still reading this shit. hopefully see you guys again.