Part title

"I'd rather go to their funeral than their wedding"

It was a warm spring day on a floral alien planet. Sunshine seeped through the fluffy clouds and basked the surrounding nature in a soft glow. A gentle breeze ruffled the grasses along with nearby trees. An aisle led to a wide arch that was surrounded by white benches. It was the perfect wedding that any person dreamed of, making it fit for the two heirs to the throne.
Allura and Lotor had finally decided to get married after successfully creating another Voltron-like weapon. That was a huge achievement for the entire rebellion and helped them crush the remaining Galran forces.
Loud bells chimed the beginning of the traditional Earth ceremonial wedding. Lance didn't know why he was here. He didn't want to come, but the invitation was so tempting. So he went, but looking back on it, he regretted it. Lance would much rather be anywhere else than here, watching the love of his life get married to a man that wasn't himself.
He was pulled from his own thoughts from the sight of Allura, dressed beautifully in an elegant and long white dress that fanned out past her hips and fell to her shins. Her white hair was done up in a partial bun and decorated with flowers. She had never looked happier, her smile practically glowing and her marks seeming even more vibrant than usual. Though there was one thing that was amiss. Lance wasn't the one standing across from her.
He knew that he shouldn't be hurt-after all he never did once try to admit his feelings-but he was. Feelings of betrayal and mourning swirled through Lance, contradicting the moods of the serne wedding. Allura's delicate hands should be resting in his more calloused one, not in another's.

He took a swig from his drink. "This is honestly gonna sound pretty selfish but I'd rather go to their funeral than be here for their wedding. I just don't think I can handle seeing her happy with someone else." Shiro only nodded in agreement. It's not that he wasn't happy for them, it's just that they remind him so much of what he could have had, what he was missing out on.
"I don't like how all of this makes me feel. It's not like I even had a wedding," Shiro replied. Lance grimaced, the unspoken words left hanging.