Prom Dress

Lance's navy blue vest sparkled in the fluorescent lights. His black jacket was crumpled on the ground, forgotten and left for the next janitor to pick up. He sat on the cool tiles of the hallway, sobbing into his arms. It was prom night but everything was going wrong. Allura didn't show up. She promised she would, reassured him that she'd be able to make it this year, but of course, she didn't show. Lance knew he didn't do anything wrong. He had a cute proposal for her, gave her the prettiest bouquet of flowers and even helped her pick out the most stunning dress. He was in the right here. But the nausea he felt in his gut, crushing him with guilt and anxiety said otherwise. The floor blurred under his tears, turning into nothing more than a grey blur. His thoughts ran wild, coming up with absurd explanations as to why she ditched him.
You never gave her the necklace she hinted at wanting. She knew you never listened to her wants.
You're so selfish, thinking Allura would go to with you.
Of course she ditched you! Christ, she found someone even better and way more likable than you. You were always just her replacement.
His sobs doubled, filling up the empty hallway. The faint sounds of cheering and pop music could be heard through the thin walls. Everyone else was enjoying their night. Everyone else was happy, dancing to the beats.
Floor swaying beneath him, Lance stood up and made his way towards the bathrooms. He dragged his feet, wanting nothing more than to curl up again and cry away the night.
"Fuck!" Lance slammed into someone's back, knocking them both over in the process. "What the hell, man?!"
He sniffled, and covered his face with the sleeve of his shirt. "Shit, I'm sorry. I just...wasn't looking."
A 'tsk' could be heard from the other person, clearly displeased at having been knocked over.
"Maybe you should pay more attention next time," they scoffed out.

"How did i get here, I need to know."
"I guess i maybe had a couple expectations. Thought i'd get to them, but no i didn't"
"I guess i thought that prom was gonna be fun but now i'm sitting on the floor and all i wanna do is run"

ends with keith comforting him and leading him back to the dance floor where pidge and hunk are dancing