Panic

Lance couldn't breathe. He couldn't breathe, he couldn't breathe, he couldn't breathe.
The air he so desperately wanted was denied and he was left heaving on the floor. Eyes left wide open, he curled into himself and felt the tears streaming down his face before he saw them travel over his nose. Lance could only make strangled sounds as he shook on the floor, not knowing what to do. His throat felt tight, too tight to let even the smallest slip of air by. Ever since his body figured out what an extreme panic felt like, it automatically jumped to the worst possible reaction and left him alone and suffering through a panic attack. Suddenly a warm hand found its way around his side, pulling him into a firm lap. Distantly he could hear a voice telling him to breathe with them, take deep breaths, but he only continued to panic, too wrapped up in his own thoughts. He felt his strained breathing quicken, making him light headed and even more panicked.
Why couldn't he just breathe?
Unknowingly, Lance started to follow the person's directions, taking deeper breaths and allowing more air into his lungs. Finally, he could feel himself calming down enough to take control of himself again.
"In, Out," the soothing voice spoke. Lance could feel their chest expand and contract with every direction given. His eyes blinked closed and he focused everything on calming down.
In and out. In and out. Just like that.
Still, his breathing remained shaky at best, and hurt his chest with the rapid intakes. The hand rubbing his back moved up to his head and gently, he felt fingers weave their way through his hair. The panic controlling him earlier subsided, leaving Lance exhausted and ready to pass out on the nearest bed.
•••
fucking panic attacks am i right, lads?