Skillz

Sorry guys, I have a huge drama thing coming up this weekend and I have Math MCAS next week and Science MCAS the week after so I will do my best to update but no promises

Lex POV

As we lean in, a shout comes from camp. Probably a Hunter pranking a Warrior or the other way around. Thankfully that did happen because it cause Ash and I to jerk away from each other.

"Shit." We both swear at our stupidity.

"This was a mistake," we say in sync. With that he jumps out of the river and jogs back to camp cursing the whole way.

What the hell just happened? Why did I want to kiss him? He is a Warrior and I am, well, me. That is not good. Why would I want to kiss him? Would we have kissed without the interruption? Shit. What have I gotten myself into?

He is supposed to be sworn of women and I, men, what what I thinking? Stupid, stupid, stupid!!!

Anyway, I use my super awesome water powers to dry off before heading back to camp. When I arrived, I was greeted by a little bundle of energy, also known as Jon.

“Ali!” he lunges at me and as I catch him and spin him around.

“Hey buddy, Wuzzup little man?”

“James showed me how to throw knives this morning!” he said proudly.

“Thats awesome, you want to show me?” I ask setting him down. He grabbed my hand then took off, dragging me behind.

“Ya! C’mon Ali.”

We end up in the target range and I could see red circles on a variety of trees at different distances for practice.  Jon bounded over to the station to collect the weapons and grabbed four knives. He started at the farthest line and I gave him encouraging nod.

He took a deep breath and I could see his shoulders de-tense and relax. He raised his right hand and with perfect form, that took me months to master, whipped it at the closest tree before shoulder rolling diagonally to make another throw with his left hand and the tree target above him. He leaped onto a tree branch to slash the target that was next to him while twirling around to hit the one directly behind him before lunging down to stand in front of me.

“So, how did I do?”

“Woah, that was,” I blinked rapidly. “That was amazing Jon!”

“Really?” He grinned excitedly.

“Absolutely! Half of the Warriors can’t do that!”

“Can you um..help me with unseen movement ‘cuz I have a prank that I have been dying to play on one of the little hunters.”

We both grin evilly and I nod, “Of course, anything for a prank.”

Jon and I spend the rest of the day practicing unseen movement and stealth and silence.

So far, we have been able to steal both the Warriors and Hunters clothes, and hang them in the trees on the opposite side of camp. Thankfully no one has seen us because we would be in so much trouble. Ahh they are going to love us for this. Jon has also filled me in on the prank he wants to perform and I am super excited to help him do it.

What do you think about the outcome of the almost kiss? what should the prank be? Anyone else dreading MCAS? Comment, and vote if you like this. thanks!!!!!!!!