Chapter 4

*SCREAMS VIOLENTLY*

Aaaannndd scene! Alright hope you guys enjoyed this chapter-
Just kidding

But in all seriousness, hope you guys enjoy!

There are moments of my life where I realize I have holes in my mind. Not actual holes, no, but it's a fitting term. It has more to do with what I can remember.

I will feel deja vu in ongoing waves, and then have an odd feeling of a gap in my memory, like something was supposed to be there. It's not easy to explain, and it's easier to just say that my memory has holes.

But today was especially one of those days when I walked into Grandview Academy for Girls. It had a familiarly cliche name, but it's student body was exactly the opposite. They were strange, and they were waiting for something exciting to happen. Sure, many high school students were waiting for a new adventure that will magically pull them out of class, but these kids expected it.

I wasn't exactly looking for socialization, though. I would only be here for a year. And while I arrived late to the school year - it was near Halloween, after all - I wasn't so late that people would question why I didn't just finish the last of the year at my old school.

Then again, people always gave strange glances to someone who transfers in. I moved into Mr. Urie's main home, but none of them should know that.

This school isn't very large either, so they're well aware when there's a new kid. It's a private school made strictly for girls, and my father wanted me to "enjoy the luxury" with all of the money he is being payed.

Cautiously, two girls, both in the designated uniform of a black blouse and red skirt, inched toward me. The smaller girl pushed the taller one out in front of her, urging her to talk.

"Um. . ." the taller girl started. "You're the new girl, right? The one whose father works for Brendon Urie?"

I raised an eyebrow, slightly confused as to how she knew that but not surprised in the slightest. "Yep, and you must be one of his fans, are you not?"

"He's very mysterious," the smaller girl nodded. "And handsome."

I watched them both nervously play with the hems of their skirts for quite some time before I shifted my weight to my right leg and crossed my arms.

"You know, girls. Mysterious and handsome is just an enticing aesthetic. You have to really know someone before you can judge whether you like them or not. And, I'll tell you now, Mr. Urie is not someone you want to be running after."

"I'm sorry, but do you even truly know him to be able to judge who he is?" She wasn't defensive, just questionable.

"He's a creep, that's what he is." I uncrossed my arms, letting them fall to my sides. "Anyway, I'm [y/n]. Nice to meet you."

"I'm Lexi," the taller girl said.

"I'm Meagan," said the smaller girl.

"Sweet, now anyway-"

"Woah, is this what I think it is?"

I, quite annoyed, slowly turned my head to see another girl walking up, and I knew she must have been the one to say that and interrupt me.

Unconcerned, I asked Lexi and Meagan "Why is her skirt hiked up so high and why is her lip liner more apparent than my ultimate boredom?" Lexi snickered. The girl in question seemed to hear it and it made her quite angry.

Once the girl reached us, she noticed I didn't give a shit about her and her cliche ass, but she still longed for the attention.

"It looks like a cliche 'uncool girls meet new girl and become best friends' scenario." She laughed, knowing how true it was. But I knew, none of these people were as cliche as they seemed. They had secrets, I could tell.