Part II: Chapter 5

The files were sent all as one, like they were arranged for this moment.

Under the file were three subcategories: Personal life, public life, work life. They were neatly organized, waiting for me to search them, read them, and discover them. Although they were sitting there vulnerable, they were intimidating. I know I needed the information within them, but it almost felt like snooping on something I wasn't supposed to know. I swallowed the lump in my throat.

"Oh, oh, let's make a fourth category," Lexi grinned and began to type.

Sex life.

"LEXI, NO!" I deleted it.

To think I was just caught up in an internal monologue, meanwhile Lexi was formulating information to put in her new scandalous file.

I sighed. Perhaps I was the only one treating these files so sacredly.

"Which one should we open first?" Meagan twiddled her thumbs.

"Personal life," Emma thought aloud. "Definitely personal life."

I nodded and clicked on the file.

Photos, written statements, and even reports were plastered on the screen, each more detailed than the next. Some included information that I already knew such as his relationship to Lu and Brendon.

Others were specifics on his parents's deaths.

"'Dallon Weekes's mother and father were both involved in the business until he was roughly fourteen. Both Mr. and Mrs. Weekes conspired as a team to overthrow their department in hopes to reform it. Both are presumed dead, but there seems to be mystery as to whether or not they truly are. It is a hidden event within not only the outside world, but also the government employees themselves. The higher ups believe that the leakage of this information would inspire suspicion and further rebellion,'" I read. My eyes widened and I looked to the other girls around me.

Emma's mouth opened and closed as she exhaled through her nose. "I. . . had no idea."

"But, but," Lexi stammered. "If Dallon's parents were rebels and most likely killed, why would Dallon be so loyal to the very people who killed them?"

"I. . ." I gripped the fabric of my shorts. "I think everyone convinced Dallon that his parents were wrong and needed to be punished. . . And that made him want to work harder to be loyal unlike his parents and heal his family name."

Lexi and Meagan looked at each other, exchanging a few silent words, before nodding slowly.

Emma's hands clenched. "Then. . . the reason he was always a field worker was because of his parents. They didn't want to promote him because of what his parents did. . ."

My lips folded into a thin line.  "Anyway, it says he's unmarried and doesn't have any other known family."

"Ah, so no sex life," Lexi muttered. I shot her a look.

Everything else was relatively not useful. Soon, I moved on to the public life category.

It was rather basic, containing information on his personality, those he decides to mingle with, what he tends to wear, and even his romantic life. None of it was particularly useful to our investigation.

The work life category, however, was.

"'Dallon Weekes is a generally well respected member of his branch, but it is widely known how he remains in one of the lowest positions in the career despite being a loyal, honest, and hard worker. Dallon is allowed to take charge in large investigations and jobs, but not without a partner which is often questioned and deemed as strange. It is general knowledge that Dallon wishes to obtain a higher position, but as it is now, it's almost completely out of the question.'" I leaned back in my seat. "'However, Dallon is allowed certain privileges regarding information on the device, as well as advanced technology to better, and faster, do his job.'"

Meagan stood up. "What kind of technology? Could he be tracking us now?"

Emma shook her head. "I didn't know anything about it."

"Let's ask Brendon," I said. "There are a few things I want to ask him about these files, too."

They all agreed, and we pulled out the phone.

Leave your predictions here!! What do you think is going to happen???

Thanks for reading!!