Chapter 18

Now, I knew that to be enrolled at Grandview you would have to have a decent amount of money.

I hadn't expected Lexi to be filthy rich, though.

Her house was not as enormous as Brendon's, that's for sure, but it was still rather large. About three stories tall and very wide, I could still probably get lost.

As soon as I rang the doorbell, I heard the patting of Lexi's feet as she ran for the door. It swung open in front of me, and she led me excitedly upstairs to her room where Lily and Meagan sat.

I looked at the two of them. I saw that Meagan brought a suitcase full of things to get ready for the party. Lily had only brought a duffle bag. I was somewhere in between. After all, it's difficult to transport a ball gown in a small bag.

"First order of business," Lexi turned to me with a smile before slamming the door to her room shut and locking it, keeping her body pressed upon it as if she were preventing escape. "Show us the dress."

I looked up at her, then down at Meagan and Lily. They both seemed equally determined to cast their eyes upon whatever would adorn me the next day.

I sighed and reached into my bag to pull out the large dress which had a protective layer of plastic over it. "I was going to take it out to hang up, anyway."

Meagan and Lexi gaped at the ball gown in all of its glory. The red was gorgeous with how the white complimented it, and they were especially in love with the details I added with Lu.

We added an extra white tule layer on top of the skirt which had faint, almost invisible, snowflakes. It had almost been transparent, which was perfect. The snowflakes were enticing enough that one would want to come closer to view them and make sure their eyes could focus on just the small, intricately shaped flakes of faux snow.

Because they hadn't said anything in response, I added an extra "And I have glittery white heels."

"Oh my god, girl, how in the world did you find this catch?" Lexi squealed and jumped toward the dress, her eyes scanning over every detail.

"Yeah, this is just. . ." Lacking words to describe the garment, Meagan couldn't finish her sentence.

I just shrugged at them, paying less and less attention. It wasn't that I didn't care what they had to say, I was more focused on Lily's behavior. She stared at the dress I would be wearing with such intensity. It seemed she was analyzing every single detail.

"It's really pretty," she finally squeaked out.

My eyes stayed glued to her and hers to my dress. "Thanks. . ."

Lexi gently took the dress from me. "I can hang it up in my closet for you. I'll be right back." She opened her door to her walk-in closet then disappeared for a moment before walking back into the room almost immediately.

"Now," Lexi exclaimed, throwing her hands in the air, "we're going to do something fun!"

"Um," Lily played with the hem of her skirt, her hair briefly falling over her eyes, "what would that be?"

Meagan giggled. "Isn't it obvious?"

I rolled my eyes. It wasn't obvious to everyone in the world, but it was obvious to me. I assumed the topic for the rest of the night would be the same.

"We're going to talk about Brendon Urie!" Lexi plopped down on a white bean bag chair near her light blue wall.

Lily pulled her knees to her chest. "Is there anything we don't already know?"

"Um, there are too many things we don't know, to be honest," Meagan plopped down on a similar bean bag to Lexi's.

"Tell me about it," I crossed my arms. I lived with him and knew almost nothing.

All of the girl were on edge. "You probably know more than us. Spill, [y/n], spill."

"I would, but it's probably stuff you don't want to know." I tried to play it off as much as possible, hoping they'd change the subject.

"Well," Meagan shifted uncomfortably. "Personally. . . there's nothing I would be against learning about Mr. Urie."

Lexi nodded in agreement while Lily seemed unsure of an answer. It seemed as if she was less interested than the other girls. Reasonable, considering she had just moved here.

"Well, um," I knew there were a few things I didn't want to tell, so I picked and chose. "He has a maid named Lu. She's very sweet."

They looked eager for me to continue.

"He also plays piano. He owns a lot of sweatpants, too. He let me help plan the theme of the party."

"Seriously? How close are you two, anyway?" Lexi asked.

"Brendon and I? Well. . ."

Lexi cut me off before I could continue. "Hold up. First name basis? What is this? How exclusive is this?"

"Not very. He likes everyone to address him by his first name. And how close are we? I mean, I wouldn't say he's my best friend," I spoke that part through closed teeth, knowing I never wanted him to be, "but I don't completely hate him. We used to talk a lot."

"What do you mean 'used to'?" Meagan seemed to be getting embarrassed, aware they were asking many questions.

"About that," I huffed. "He's avoiding me. And before you ask why, it's because he's kinda a mixed-signaled jerk. Other than that? I don't know."

"Oh. He's that bad?" Lily finally spoke up.

I turned to face her, slightly shocked that she had spoke on the matter. "Actually, no, but. . ."

They had expected me to continue, but I hadn't. There was a while where we all, including me, sat in wait for me to finish.

But when I didn't make an attempt to say anything else, they moved on. I knew it would be a long night, and I knew I had no idea what to expect for both tonight and the party tomorrow.

Hopefully it will turn out how I planned.

Thanks for reading! Love you all lots.

Jolie_Summers & JustGoodStories are great check them out.