Chapter 9

Fuck is a Bad Word Brendon: hi, honey. teehee that's funny: "honey". haha, it sounds like we're a married couple!!1!1!
Sweetheart Brendon: hey, babe, you're sexy as hell. the people around here call me daddy.
vs
Fuck is a Bad Word Reader: teehee. "honey" does sound like we're married but you can call me that if you want!!!1!1!1!
Sweetheart Reader: do not glance in my direction. do not walk in my direction. do not BREATHE in my direction I will cut you.

I'd also like to warn that there are mentions of mental illness in this chapter and the reader has many inhumane thoughts and such due to what has happened to her.

🛑❗️Please do read the note at the bottom❗️🛑

As soon as I stepped out of the car there were few things drawn to my senses: the wind against my skin, the reflection of my face on the shiny paint of the black car, and the subconscious feeling that I was being stared at.

Although my suspicion of eyes boring into me from all directions was not warranted, I was worried that someone, anyone may know exactly who this car belonged to and exactly who I was living with.

But no one looked my way. No one whispered to the person next to them and pointed in my direction. No one followed me or spoke up as I walked into the coffee shop with the quirky name.

And I liked it that way. I didn't want extra attention to make me nervous. But man, was it God awful having to wait for Lexi and Meagan to show up as I uncomfortably leaned against a wall and fiddled with the end of my shirt, nervously glancing at my phone every now and then.

Although it seemed as though I was waiting for a text, my wish to be saved from this corner of hell came true in the form of two girls.

Lexi stepped toward me first, a look of anxiety on her face. "Oh man, did we make you wait long? I'm so sorry about that, I had to pick this girl," she motioned to Meagan, "up and she just couldn't seem to get ready."

Meagan twisted her fingers around each other, glancing off with a "Sorry. . ."

I waved my hands in front of me, dismissing their thoughts. "No, no, I just got here early. And you're fine, Meagan. No one's angry." You felt sorry for her. It wasn't that she felt targeted by Lexi - no, I could tell they were too close for that. She was just too shy for her own good, and I intended to lessen that feeling as much as possible.

After all, it was quite similar to how I was when my mother passed.

Meagan smiled lightly and looked up to me. "Really? It's just that I don't drive and I feel like I'm bothering people. . ."

"Nope!" Lexi chimed in. "I'm fine with driving you places whenever. You probably already knew that, but don't forget it."

I nodded, agreeing with Lexi's statement, but felt curious as to why Meagan never got her license. I was not ignorant enough to dismiss the fact that some people simply did not want their license, but that wasn't always the case.

Meagan's frail voice interrupted your thoughts. "Oh, um, my license was refused."

I raised a brow at her statement.

". . . severe panic disorder. . ."

My mouth formed an "O" and I stared blankly at her. I never intended to be rude, but I was putting everything together in my head and processing the information. I had noticed her apprehensive nature as I was being hit when I first met her. The chaos seemed to be her enemy.

Lexi seemed to catch on to my frantic thinking and spoke up to avoid things getting awkward. "Anyway, lets get some coffee, shall we?"

I was awoken from my thoughts and began to blindly follow her toward the ordering counter, Meagan gripping the end of my sleeve and walking behind me.