Chapter 5

IM BACK AND IM SO HAPPY ABOUT IT!

this is legit my favorite story to write and I decided to give y'all a chapter of it today to make up for being gone for so long. I was dealing with a lot of mental struggle but I am back and kickin' now!

enjoy!!!

I woke up the next morning to Mr. Urie's soft voice begging me to open my eyes, and on command, I did what I was told. I'd come to learn that it's best not to fight him, and he probably appreciated my obedience.

The first thing I noticed was that I was still sat in a pile of bean bags and blankets, and the second thing I noticed was his pajamas. Well, if you could even call them pajamas. He was in a pair of black sweatpants that seemed very pricey, and he was lacking a shirt. . . For a proper, rich man, that was a bold move.

Rubbing my eyes and sitting up, I mumbled, "Why am I still down here? What happened?"

Brendon's eyes warmed simply by gazing at me, and he responded, "I didn't have the heart to wake you. You looked so peaceful and, not to mention, adorable."

I narrowed my eyes and shook my head. His reasoning never seemed to satisfy me, and even though he seemed to be aware of this notion, he never changed how he spoke. "Really? That's it? You know I wouldn't have minded, right?"

Instead of answering, he stood to his full height, smiled, and said, "Come on, now. I would let you skip school, but your father would most likely be fairly angry with me, wouldn't you agree?"

"Shit!" I shot up, stumbling over my own feet. "I have school today, don't I?"

"Yes, naturally. But don't worry, I woke you early enough for a shower and such. Lu has also laid out your freshly washed uniform for you."

"Thank you. . ." I walked as quickly as I could passed him, making my way into the right most hallway.

"Wait a minute there, [y/n], you seem to be forgetting something." His low voice called out to me and he chuckled. His body language appeared to be telling me that he wanted something, but I had no idea what it was that he longed for.

I turned to him, an eyebrow raised. I genuinely did not know what he could be talking about, but I faced him and gave him my full attention despite this. Most of his comments seemed to hold common sense.

"You don't even know the way to your room." He shook his head in a teasing manner, pacing toward me and held out his hand. "See, I can lead you. I'll even hold your hand."

"I'm not a little kid!" I yelled, but grumbled my next sentence, trailing off in embarrassment. "But can you please lead me to my room. . ."

When I had arrived at the sickeningly pastel school building, I felt myself wandering. I, myself, had no idea where I was going, but my feet seemed to be leading me in the direction of an important event, place, or person, as if they had already made this move before. I didn't know whether to trust my instinct or not, but eventually I came across Lexi and Meagan.

They both ran to me, short legs struggling to keep up with their sheer willpower and motivation, and they clung to me like their lives depended on it.

"I'm so glad you're okay!" Meagan sighed.

"I am, too." Lexi smiled at me. "You sure taught her a lesson. Good going not punching her back. She got suspended and you didn't. Hah."

I wasn't sure why they cared so much despite the fact that I had just met them the day before. I put it up to the fact that they were very, very nice girls. "Let's not talk about that." I looked away, not wanting to face them with an uneasy attitude. I knew for sure my tears would spill if I even caught a glimpse of their worried faces.