Chapter 7

Sorry for disappearing for a bit. I got sick and then I had to catch up on a bunch of school work even though I still feel like crap lol. But I'm glad I got this chapter out!

I awoke the next morning to loud footsteps, and as I opened my eyes, I realized I was no longer in Brendon's room.

I was vaguely aware of my senses, and I guessed the footsteps were those of Brendon's employees, and that he had carried me to my own room when he woke. The reason behind it I was unaware of, but perhaps he had something that needed to be taken care of.

As I sat up, I began to remember last night's events. Brendon had said he worked for the government. That, at the moment, satisfied me, but now I am even more skeptic than before. Working for the government could be anything: an engineer, a police officer, a politician. He did not even go as far as to specify whether the government he worked for was federal, state, or local.

Just that he worked for the government and what he did to make money was confidential. He couldn't be an engineer, police officer, or a politician. What was he, then? Some type of time traveler? Was he testing cloning devices? I chuckled to myself.

"Awake already?" My small laughing fit was interrupted by an amused voice coming from inside my room, and my heart caught in my chest as I let out a yelp of surprise.

"B-B-Brendon!" I stuttered. "When did you get in here?"

His eyes only brightened with more amusement and satisfaction as he smirked. "I've been in here for quite a while, actually. I was reading for a bit, and I was about to tell you that breakfast was ready when you started giggling like a school girl."

"I was no-," as soon as I was about to defend myself I cut myself off after glancing at the time. "Oh shit!" I began scrambling for my uniform, seeing as I was two hours late for school. I grabbed my wrinkled shirt and skirt and flung them into the bathroom, then began looking for some underwear and ran into the bright, abundantly tiled room, slamming the door behind me.

Almost immediately after I ran into the bathroom I heard a knock at the door and stifled laughter.

"What?" I yelled, obviously annoyed and in a hurry.

"Baby, it's Saturday."

My face dropped and I walked over to the door, my feet acting as though they were bricks, and threw it open. "You have to be shitting me, Urie."

"I'm serious. Your father would kill me if I let you skip school, honey. Now, a princess needs to eat." And without another blink I was being held in his arms and carried down the stairs of his large home.

I glared up at him as I was being carried like a child. "Fuck you."

He flashed a grin. "Now that's vulgar language to use against someone who takes care of you, isn't it?"

"I can take care of myself."

"Mhm." He hummed, finally setting me in a chair.

"I'm serious! I'm not a baby, I'm 18."

Brendon turned and started to walk down a hallway. It seemed he was busy and had something to do, but first he let out one last comment. "Your father begs to differ."

I whipped my head around to see my own dad serving me a plate of pancakes and assortments of fruits and syrups. I narrowed my eyes, my aura almost daring him to say something.

"It's true," he let out a throaty laugh. "You'll always be daddy's little girl."

My mouth gaped open and I was ready to start yelling defensively before I realized that by "daddy" he meant himself. My actual dad. His statement confused me as it seemed like something Brendon would say to mess with me. I suddenly felt the urge to stab myself. "Thanks, I guess, dad. . ."

"What? Was it something I said?" My father looked me up and down questionably as I hid my face and crossed my arms.

"No no no," I started. "I just need to wash my brain out with bleach or something." This was one of the reasons I hated Brendon. His words and irrelevant statements added up until I was confused beyond belief at a simple statement from my own father. I made a mental note to get revenge.

After breakfast I headed to my room with soft steps to contemplate suffocating myself in my pillow. Today has not been the best one so far, and I am willing to give up just to make sure I have a safe spot.

But before I could even take one step toward my bed, Lu appeared behind me with a box delicately cradled in her hands and smiled.

"Hello, Ms. [Y/n]. I hope your day has been great so far."

I greeted her back politely despite my day having been the opposite of great. I invited her inside my room, and she waltzed in with so much elegance I could have mistaken her for a dancer.

"Mr. Brendon has picked the date for the Christmas event which he has decided will be on the second Saturday of December. He has asked me to bring you these clothes so you may pick what you wish to wear." Lu curtsied.

"Thank you, Lu. Will you be attending the party?" I smiled at the dainty woman.

"Unfortunately I will not be. Mr. Brendon gives his employees the opportunity to work that night for extra pay, but anyone who does not wish to work does not have to. I have worked each and every one of his parties for many, many years. This time I have decided to visit my daughter."

"That's great! I hope you have an amazing time." Secretly I had wondered how long Lu had worked for Brendon. Brendon was quite young, as he had told me, and signs of age on Lu never appeared. She seemed as though she were only a year older than myself, yet she had just told me she had worked for Brendon for many years.

Lu bowed and padded out of my room to give me some time to look at the oddly familiar clothes placed on my bed.

"You know, you'd look stunning in a long red dress."

This time, my senses alerted me and almost instantaneously I knew the source of the voice. "Yeah yeah, Brendon. I know what you want. It's just a matter of finding something that I want."

"Maybe something that fits the theme," he stepped out from behind the door and rubbed his hand up and down my hip and whispered, "Or something that fits these curves."

I pushed him off of me. "You're growing to be more and more of a nuisance."

He smirked. "That's my job."

I turned toward where I had last heard his voice ring out, but his presence was nowhere near. I had not heard the sound of his feet, nor had I heard the closing of my door, but he had left, and the door was open before he had.

So big question here: would you guys like the next couple chapters to be filled with more information about her school life such as her classes and teachers or more information surrounding her friends from school.

Either way I will add both, but which are you guys more interested in?

Also I am planning to start the climax of this story after two or three chapters.

Hope you guys enjoyed!!