Chapter 16

Jade Chapter 16, a Romance Fiction |

_______________________

Everything that happened afterward was somewhat of a blur to Jade. She acted purely on instincts and went off. All she could see was red and no one was prepared for her wrath. She acted exactly like the old Jade would have. There was a lot of yelling and cursing on her part toward all of them, including her cousin. She would have kept telling them off if Elle hadn't finally intervened.

"You can handle it better than this." She whispered in her ear.

Jade stopped and took a deep breath to calm herself down. Elle was right. Although she didn't know what had happened that led the five of them to look like they just got out of a bad car accident, she was positive about one thing and that was it had everything to do with her.

Mark and Byron looked angry, standing on the opposite side of each other and staring each other down as if they might go at it again at any minute. Only Ty and Cory seemed to be keeping them from attacking each other.

Her cousin, who stood next to Byron, seemed to be in pain. Her hair was in disarray. Jade had a feeling she deserved it so she decided to let her suffer through it. Monica and Jasmine looked even worse. Jasmine held a bunch of napkins to her nose which was still bleeding while Monica had a split lip, a black eye again and seemed to be on the verge of tears. Jade realized just how bad the situation was. She took another deep breath, her facade suddenly transforming.

"Cory, can you please take my cousin home?" She asked looking at him.

"Um, yeah," he answered, not daring to question her. Jade Wilson was scary when she got that look in her eyes so he obediently started walking toward Kayla.

"But-," Kayla started to protest but Jade gave her a look.

"Go."

Kayla pouted for a minute but started walking once Jade's look intensified, Cory behind her. Jade waited until they were out of the door before facing the rest of them. Monica and Jasmine were staring back at her, their eyes wide and almost terrified. It must have had a little to do with Elle's presence as well.

"You should get home too." She quietly but strictly told them. For a second they didn't move. Jade's jaw tightened. "Dawn."

Dawn stepped up, reading Jade's tone. "Let's go." She said to the two girls.

Jasmine was the first one to move. She followed Dawn and refused to spare Jade another glance. Monica on the other hand had time for another stare down. "This isn't over." She coldly stated before following Jasmine to the exit. The crowd parted way, letting her pass before looking back at Jade again.

She glared at her curious classmates, her jaw clenching even harder. And just like that everyone dispersed realizing that the party was over, leaving Jade only with a few members of the basketball team, the cheerleaders, Byron, Mark and Elle.

Elle had her arms crossed, and a small smile on her face. Obviously she was enjoying the show. Too bad, she missed the climax and could only witness the conclusion but she knew there was a twist coming.

Jade turned toward Byron, before looking over at Mark. They both stared back at her, nervous expressions on their faces. Whatever anger they held for each other was put on hold and all that mattered was the girl standing in front of them.

"Fix it." She told them. "Whatever it is, work it out and leave me out of it."

"Jade-,"

"I don't care, Mark. Just work it out."