Chapter 19

Jade Chapter 19, a romance fiction |

"I knew it! I knew it!" Kayla yelled excitedly jumping on the bed after Jade was done recounting what happened between her and Byron earlier that afternoon. "Lucky you, Jade! The hot guys are always after you. What's your secret?"

Jade let out a small laugh, amused by Kayla's question. She hadn't been able to get rid of the huge smile on her face ever since she made it home from school, ever since she kissed Byron.

No, it was more than just a kiss, and she had enjoyed every second of it.

"Ugh, look at you," Kayla exclaimed pointing at her cousin. "You look like you just got some...wait, did you?"

Jade glared at her cousin. "Really, Kayla?" She said trying not to roll her eyes. "No, we just made out."

"Well, it must have been some kind of a make out session then," Kayla smirked. "You have the evidence plastered all over your neck."

Jade quickly brought her hand up to her neck, where Byron's mouth had just attacked a few hours before. The spot was a little sore, but it wasn't nothing compared to the sensation she had felt when it was happening.

"Oh my god, I'm hating hard right now," Kayla added noticing the soft smile against Jade's lips as she observed the mark on her neck.

Jade finally snapped out of it and grabbed her make up kit, taking out her concealer and foundation. Her parents couldn't see this.

"I thought you and Cory hit it off." Jade said to Kayla as she worked on her neck, probing for information.

Kayla smiled. "We did, in fact he invited me to their basketball game on Thursday. Supposedly it's a big one."

It was. It was the district championship and Byron had asked her to come as well and of course to bring Joyce along. She told him she wouldn't miss it.

Jade was still applying the make up on her neck in front of her mirror when a phone sounded off, indicating a text and at the same time a knock was heard from her door.

"Who's Ryan Parker?"

Jade quickly turned toward her Kayla, who had Jade's phone in her hands, reading the text that was just received.

"It's me!" Joyce called from the other side of the door.

"Come in," she said to Joyce before she extended her hand out for her phone.

Joyce poked her head in a second later. "What are you guys doing? I'm hungry." She whined looking at Jade then Kayla.

"Me too." Kayla added as she hesitantly handed Jade the phone. The part of the text she read made her curious, so did the name but she would ask about it again later.

Jade put the phone away and addressed her sister. "How about we order some pizza?"

Joyce grinned. "Yes! I want pineapple."

"Joyce, ew," Kayla made a face as she walked toward the door.

Joyce stuck her tongue out.

"You guys go on down, I'll be there in a minute." Jade said.

A moment later Kayla and Joyce were gone and she was left in the room by herself. She looked at her neck in the mirror again, satisfied that the hickey wasn't visible anymore. She then picked up her phone and unlocked it, opening up the text message from Ryan.

I'm sorry we didn't get a chance to talk today. Let me know if you still want to.

Jade let out a groan, berating herself for forgetting. It had completely escaped her mind and she was the one who had suggested it. Ryan shouldn't be the one apologizing, she owed him one. Another one.