Chapter 18

Jade Chapter 18, a romance fiction |

When Jade stepped into Mrs. Sanchez office, she expected this to be a monthly evaluation of her behavior. It was. Only not the behavior she expected.

"Sit down, Jade." Mrs. Sanchez had a scowl on her face, the one Jade hadn't seen in months.

It was then that Jade knew, that she must have done something wrong. She took her designated seat across from Mrs. Sanchez and waited.

Mrs. Sanchez sat back against her chair and let out a sigh. "I've been hearing complaints about you again, Jade."

Jade frowned. "What kind of complaints?"

"Making threats of violence and bullying other students." Mrs. Sanchez answered.

A scowl appeared on Jade's face. "But I haven't done anything, Mrs. Sanchez. I swear to you. I don't even remember the last time I got in trouble-"

"I believe you." The principal said, surprising Jade. "I received Ryan's report this morning as well and what he had to say and what I heard aren't matching up."

What did that mean?

"Jade, I know you have a way with words around your classmates but I don't believe you would make threats to intentionally hurt them, at least not recently, isn't that right?"

Were people really complaining about her again? Who could it be? She had tried to stay out of trouble for the past weeks. She hadn't gotten a detention in months or let her mouth run as bad as it used. Nothing out of the ordinary was popping up in her head so who complained about her?

There was that incident with Wendy several days ago whom she was aware that she hadn't been nice to, but she hadn't made any threats at the girl, not that she remembered. She might have said something of the sort to Monica but that must have been weeks ago. Surely it couldn't be that, could it? She remembered Dawn mentioning that Monica couldn't stop verbalizing her dislike of Jade the night of the fight over the weekend but that wasn't something new. Monica always had something to say about her, but then there was Monica telling Jade that it wasn't over right before the left the cheerleader's house. Was this what she meant? Had the incident over the weekend made it to their principal?

"Jade?"

Jade looked at Mrs. Sanchez, the frown of her face deepening. "No, I wouldn't." She answered calmly even though it was the exact opposite of what she was feeling at that moment.

"Good. I appreciate you not lying to me, Jade. You've always been upfront about your actions and I wanted to hear those words from you, but I feel I must restate that bullying and acts of violence aren't tolerated in this institution. You've used up all of your grace period and if anything of the sorts were to happen again, I'm sorry to say that you'd no longer be a student of Central high. Do I make myself clear?"

"Yes." Jade swallowed. Never in her high school years as she felt as hopeless as she did then. She might have looked calm on the outside in front of Sanchez but there was an inner turmoil she wasn't sure how to deal with.

Had she not gone through enough trials? Had she not changed her ways as she should have? She let everything go. She lost her friendships and she continued along, on her own. She was staying out of trouble; keeping the drama to a minimum. What more could she fucking do?

"Go to class, Jade." Mrs. Sanchez signed a pass before handing it to her. The bell had already rung while she was in there. She had no incentive to head to class anymore but she took the pass anyway.

"Just behave, ok?" Mrs. Sanchez advised her. "You're almost at the finish line."

Jade nodded and quietly made her way out.