X

Nothing is ever really lost to us as long as we remember it.

- L.M. Montgomery, The Story Girl

I thank my God upon every remembrance of you, always in every prayer of mine for you all making request with joy...

- Philippians 1:3-4

"Im Adan, son of Adanon

"Im Adan, son of Adanon. I am pleased to make your acquaintance. You seem less–impolite as your sister described you to be."

"I eleth nin Authiel. Did Amarwe truly say that? She is the worst little sister ever. But I suppose I must humour you, else she berate me for 'antagonising her bethrothed'."

"I believe I would receive the harsher punishment if I should be impolite. You are her sister."

"And you are practically my brother. I should welcome you into this family, though yours shall soon become priority."

"Ai, Authiel, you did meet him! I see no bruises, you said you would pommel his face!"

"She said that, Amarwe?" Adan asked, slightly taken aback.

"Of course she did, meleth nin! Our brother had too much of an influence on her."

"No, Amarwe," Authiel said, smiling. "I said it because I knew it would have been something Voronen would say, and it made it a small bit easier to see you go."

"So she is not to pommel me, yes?"

"Of course not, Adan, calm down. I am sure that if she tried, she would not even mark you, for she is too weak."

"Amarwe! Unbelievable, you are meant to build me up, little sister!" an offended Authiel shouted.

"Calm yourself also, sister, I do not believe you should hurt anyone."

"I shall not. Regardless, I could not bring myself to pommel him, for you both are so painfully adorable I might weep," Authiel said, and her words were not truly hyperbole. She would weep to see her sister so joyful, for seeing those she loved with broad smiles on her faces brought a smile also to hers. The love she had for her littlest sister was great, and she never wished to lose her. To Authiel, Amarwe was yet the small girl she told stories to, the little elfling who dirtied where she had just swept and spoke when Authiel was most distracted.

Authiel's heart was glad to see her younger sister wed, though it weighed some on her spirit that she herself was yet alone. But it was well, she would wait, and partake in the joy of her sisters, be joyful with them and celebrate their happiness.

Great friends she found in her sisters' husbands, and often together they spoke and ate with one another. Then Laineth had a child, and the gatherings where Laineth was present grew few, and when Amarwe had a child, the meetings were far between and rare. The friendships remained, but soon they drifted.