Chapter 9

March Second 2013 - SATURDAY (All Rights Reserved)

Alessa opened the front door, surprised to see Lance and Seth standing there. "Oh, hey guys." She greeted numbly, Alec said if he saw her hanging out with Seth and Lance she would get it bad.. She was glad Alec wasn't home to see them. "Hey, I hope we aren't bothering, but when does Alec work?" Lance asked, she stared at him. "Today, tomorrow and Monday 1 PM to 9 PM." She mumbled.

Lance noticed it was barely 1:30, meaning Alec just left. "C'mon, get ready, we're gonna show you how to have a good time and have you back by 8." Lance ordered. "Umm, Lance, I-uh... I don't think that's a very good idea." She sighed. "Of course it is, we'll have you back before he comes home, and you're gonna have fun." Lance smirked, Alessa bit her bottom lip. "Okay, but if Alec finds out I'm dead." Alessa sighed, they smiled.

"Come in." She invited them in, they stepped inside of her house and she ran up the stairs to get ready, she really didn't care about what she used so she just concealed the newly black/blue bruise on her neck, Alessa concealed all the other bruises, the black eye disappeared but she still had a split eyebrow and a few other bruises on her face, she quickly did the rest of her makeup before peaking her head out the door.

"What weather should I dress for?!" She shouted out the window. "Something cold but not something that you can't take off!" Lance shouted back. Alessa nodded to herself getting a white tank top, and a short sleeved black V-neck, getting a white and black neatly knitted scarf and a black jacket, of course she grabbed dark skinny jeans and her usual high-top black converse.

She straightened her hair brushing it out before doing everything else she does before she leaves, such as puts on deodorant, brushes her teeth and lightly sprays herself with a candy scented perfume.

"Okay! I'm done!" She shouted shoving some gum in her back pocket before she walked down the stairs, Seth stared at her in shock, and Lance smirked at her. "When do you ever get to dress up this nice around Alec?" Lance asked, Alessa shook her head. "Well, no, he doesn't like when I dress nice because people flirt." Alessa sighed. "Figured." Lance mumbled, Alessa stared at him. "So are we leaving or what, it's nearly two." Alessa sighed wanting to leave the house already.

"Yeah, let's go." Seth smiled and grabbed her hand dragging her out of the house, shoving her in the backseat and putting a blindfold over her eyes and tying her hands behind her back. "Is this necessary?" She pouted. "Yup, this is a surprise, can't have you take off your blindfold when we aren't watching can we?" Seth reasoned. "Ugh, fine." She sighed sitting back in her seat whilst Seth buckled her up.

* _ *

"We're here," Seth announced, causing Alessa to squeal. "Calm down or I'm not gonna untie you." Seth demanded, Alessa instantly settled down, she felt as if she was being treated like a child with how they were acting, they took off her ties first, then untied the blindfold, she opened her eyes once the blindfold was off and her eyes were as wide as saucers.

"Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god! I haven't been here in...YEARS!" She shouted suddenly excited, staring at the face of Roller Garden, the biggest roller skating rink in Minnesota. She jumped out of the car and ran towards the front entrance.

"Hey! Wait for us!" Lance hollered laughing along whilst he said that. She turned around to face him and stuck her tongue out at him, she hadn't felt this carefree since before the abuse started, and it was nice to have a nice laugh for a while.

"If you don't hurry I'm gonna leave you!" She sighed. "We're the way you get into the skating rink." Lance reminded her. "Hey hey, I can pay for myself." She muttered. "Yeah? Do you want Alec to find out you went to a skating rink with your brother and his best-friend...alone?" Lance raised his eyebrow.