Chapter 10

March Second 2013 - SATURDAY (All Rights Reserved)

Alessa jumped slightly in fear when Alec slammed his hand on the steering wheel angrily. "Why the fuck are you dressed like that? Do you want that man that was protecting you?!" He sneered angrily. "What? No!! God Alec, we're just friends!" She defended. "Stop being so damn protective, I've told you millions of times I'm yours and only yours!" She sighed. She was so angry, every day he practically did this.

"You're so worried that I'm having an affair, are you the one having an affair Alec? I don't know what or who you're doing when you're at work." She sneered angrily. "Was that an attitude Alessa?" He snapped his head towards her. "So what if it was!" She snapped. His eyes went wide and he swung his arm at her punching her in the face.

She let out a cry of pain.

He never hit her in the open before, they were literally on the freeway. "I'm sorry, it just angered me Alessa, I'm sorry really." He apologized. "Are you really sorry? Or are you apologizing so I can forgive you just so you could hit me again?" She questioned causing his eyes to go wide. "What's up with you Alessa you never acted like this before." He growled. "What's wrong with me? For finally having enough of the abuse? Nothing! The only thing wrong with me is accepting the abuse for two years actually believing that's your way to cope with your parents death." She spoke but regretted it immediately when she was pushed violently, her head smacked into the window.

She noticed the car was stopped and pulled over, and they were no longer on the freeway but somewhere close to her isolated house.

"What was that?" He questioned grabbing her by the back of her neck, he pulled her head closer to him. "Nothing, I'm sorry!" She cried out, he scoffed. "Don't think I don't know what the hell you said, I just want you to say it again." He breathed, staring at her with a sinister expression. "Oh, and I'm telling you to tell me that again." He smiled sadistically at her. "I- I said I don't believe that you abuse me to cope with their death anymore." She repeated in a much nicer tone.

"Fucking bitch!" He roared smacking her head into the dashboard hard, causing her head to split open and start bleeding. She cried out grabbing onto her head looking at her bloody hand, she gaped at Alec in shock. "Monster..." She gasped unbuckling her seatbelt trying desperately to get away from him, but right when her door swung open he sped off causing the door to slam shut.

She cried out trying to open the door, but then he locked it growling at her.

"Don't be so reckless Alessa, I'm going 70 mph, you'll surely die if you jump out." Alec shook his head at his fiance's wrecklessness.

"Anything to get away from you, I'll die eventually anyways." She whispered to herself. "Were you not just explaining to me that you're mine Alessa, you said it yourself you said it a million times, there's no going back now Alessa." He shouted angrily.

She shook her head, and unlocked the car, opening the door Alec had no choice but to come to a sudden stop when she nearly lunged herself outside of the car. "FUCKING STUPID ALESSA." He shouted in her face, she shook her head some more and pushed him away, getting out of the car she ran, she wasn't sure where she was going, she just knew she was running... Running away from him.

She ran through the woods and to her usual spot by the lake on the rock.

"Oh god, why... Why me, what did I do to deserve this life." She whispered to herself crying silently. "You did nothing Alessa..." A voice sounded. Alessa gasped and looked up to the sky. "God?" She asked.

"No punk, I'm behind you." Called her fiance's brother behind her.

"Oh! Derek!" She jumped slightly. "I heard the argument between that guy, your brother, and my brother...is it true Alessa? Does he abuse you?" He asked, his face pained slightly. "I don't... I don't want you to hate your brother, it isn't his fault really...it's my fault I anger him too much.." She sighed, looking at Derek. "Nothing is your fault Alessa, you may make him angry but that doesn't mean that you have to become his punching bag... It isn't right Alessa, you shouldn't have to endure through that." Derek whispered looking at his brother's fiance in pain.

"You might want to go get your head checked out." He added. "This parts my fault huh? If I never called him, he would never know you went to the skating rink with your brother and your brothers friend, at first I didn't know who they were until you said 'Lance' then I realized you were having sister brother, and brothers friend time. But If I never called him, your head wouldn't be split, you wouldn't be wondering what you did wrong...right?" He asked, and Alexis shook her head.

"No, none of this is your fault Derek, he would have found out eventually, he probably would have had to beat it out of me -no pun intended- but he still would have found out, and this-" She motioned to her head. "-Would have been worse." She continued and Derek nodded slightly.

"Why do you stay with him Alessa? Why didn't you leave him the moment he hit you the first time." He asked her pained.

"I can't leave him, I can't make him go through the heartache of everything that's happened in the past two years." She whispered to herself.

"And I, I love him... Please, please don't say anything." She cried staring at Derek. "I can't promise you that." He shook his head at her stupidity. "By the way, how the hell did you find out where I was..." She said and laughed slightly. "Believe it or not, this is where I come to grieve, to think, and to cry." Derek chuckled. "What? No way!" She smiled.

"Now come on, we gotta go get that head checked out." He said dragging her off of the rock.

"No, they'll ask questions. I can stitch myself up I just need to be brought home, I don't want your brother going to jail." She frowned, Derek shook his head slightly. "Fine, I'll bring you, and I'm staying there so he can't do anything while I'm there, because if he lays one finger on you to purposely harm you, I will call the cops, brother or not, you're not supposed to lay a hand on a woman ever... He knows better than that." Derek sighed, and dragged her out of the woods.

She followed behind him silently, she hadn't felt the blood trickling down her face, she only felt a little bit light headed, she looked at Derek. "D-Derek, call my br-" She whispered her voice cutting out when she fell to the floor with a thud.

"Oh shit!" Derek cursed grabbing his phone, he called his brother. "Shit, Alec what's Lance's phone number I know you have it." Derek groaned, Alec gave him the number but then started questioning why he needed it.

"Don't you worry about it." Derek whispered hanging up then calling Lance.

"Hello?" A voice rang out, the voice sounded stressed, and sad.

"Something bad has happened." He whispered into the phone.

"What? Who is this?" Lance asked. "Derek, Alec's brother, It's Alessa." He sighed.

"What the fuck happened! Dammit tell me now!" He roared, Derek heard him running around the house. "Well, I found her at the lake, her head was bleeding bad, I told her to go to the hospital but she said that she didn't want Alec to go to jail, and that she could stitch it herself, so I was taking her home and I planned to stay with her at his house, but we were walking and she, she told me to call you before she passed out." Derek explained worriedly.

"Bring her to me...now!"

"Yeah, well I kind of need the address, dip-shit." Derek remarked.