Chapter 2 - Lost

*Ian's Point of View*

I woke up in an unfamiliar room with white walls, white bedding and white everything.

I blinked slowly and a lady who looked like a nurse appeared above me.

"Ian? Do you know where you are? Do you remember what happened?"

I thought for awhile and shook my head. Everything after me walking out of the library is a blur.

"Maybe Savannah here can explain to you while I give you a quick check up."

Then I hear a creaking from across the room and looked over. Savannah was getting up from her chair and was making her way to over to me.

She was breathtaking. Her long dark brown hair, light green eyes and cute glasses made her stunning.

"Hey Ian." She said while smiling.

"Hey Savannah." At this point I was pretty sure I was blushing.

After she explained everything that happened I understand why I don't remember.

All of sudden she put her hand on my jawline and said "Looks like you're going to have a nasty bruise there." Her touch was warming and comforting.

"Oh well it'll make me look cool."

She just chuckled and shoved her hands into her pockets. She was obviously a bit shy and maybe even a little awkward.

The nurse came back and said "You're fine. Just some bruises and little cuts. Take it easy for a few days. You should thank your friend here. She basically dragged you across the school to get you here. Not to mention skipping half the day to make sure you were okay."

I looked over at Savannah and she was as red as a tomato.

"You did all that for me?" I asked pretty confused.

"It's nothing really. Don't worry about it." She said with a small smile.

Yes, I was crushing on her big time. I had no idea how to tell her and I sure as hell had no idea what to say to her. She just needed to come out of her shell. She's afraid of being judged and unaccepted. She doesn't realize that there already are plenty of people that accept her.

"Why are you staring at me?" She asked casually.

"What? I- I- didn't mean to. I was just uh.." I trailed off. I didn't even realize I was staring at her. She must think I'm super creepy now. Instead of looking awkward, she just smiled.

"C'mon lets get out of here." She laughed.

I don't think I've ever heard her laugh so clearly. It's perfect and I already want to hear it again.

We decided to just skip the rest of the day and drive around town.

*Savannah's Point of View*

I sat in the drivers seat of Ian's blue car. We both agreed Ian was in no shape or form to drive.

"Where to?" I asked. I'm so awkward. I have no clue how to act around Ian.

"I have no idea. Let's just get drive and get lost together. It'll be fun." He smiled.

I nodded and let go of the brake and the car jerked forward. I lightly pushed down on the gas pedal.

"You know what? I know almost nothing about you." He asked while looking at me.

I looked over at him. "That's true and I know nothing about you. I'll tell you about me if you tell me about you." I suggested.

"Sounds like a plan. So what's your story Savannah?" He curiously asked.

"Well, I was born May 1st, 1987 in Roseville, California. I moved to Sacramento when I was 4 years old and I've lived here ever since. The reason I'm quiet is because when I was 10, I lost my one and only sister. Her name was Alyssa and she died in a car crash. She was hit head-on by a drunk driver. After that I just shut down and I started to talk less and less and eventually I just didn't talk. It was a hard time. All I want to do is get out of high school and live a happy life." I said, tears built up in my eyes when I mentioned my sister but I quickly blinked them away.

"Wow. Do you know what? I'm going to help you break out of your shell." Ian said firmly.

"My shell?" I questioned.

"Yeah. We shouldn't be the quiet ones. We'll break our shells together." He smiled at me.

"That sounds like a plan." I smiled back at him.

"I have a pretty good idea where to start." He smirked.

"Okay where to?" I asked.

"Well we have a slight problem. I don't know where we are." He said.

I laughed, "So we're lost?"

He nodded and we laughed together.

I already felt my invisible shell slowly breaking.

My heart leaped at the thought of Ian and I becoming close.