Chapter 14 - Ghostly

*Ian's Point of View*

{The day after the car accident}

I opened my eyes slowly and got out of the bed. I looked down and I was dressed in all white.

I looked around in front of me. I was in a hospital. 'What happened?' I thought.

Then I saw Savannah walk in.

"Savannah!" I yelled but she acted like she didn't hear me.

"Savannah?" I repeated myself.

She walked to me and then took a seat right to my left. Then she started to cry.

I was so confused. I turned around and I saw it or should I say him.

It was me. I was laying in a hospital bed with a tube down my throat.

"What the.." I said.

I ran out the now open door and yelled for anyone who could hear me.

"Can anyone hear me? Is someone here?" I yelled at the top of my lungs.

"Hey! I can hear you!" I heard someone yell from behind me.

I turned around and saw a boy around my age, he had dark brown hair, brown eyes and emo-style hair.

"What's your name?" He asked me.

"Ian." I answered. "You?"

"Anthony." He said.

"What the hell is going on?" I asked.

"It might be hard to understand and you might not believe me at first, but it's the truth." He said.

I nodded and he continued. "We're spirits of people who are dying. Your real body in is a room somewhere in these halls. We're stuck between the living and the after life. We can see and hear each other because we're both dying"

"How do you know this?" I asked.

"Because I've been here for a long time. I got here a few years ago. I just wish I would wake up or die. I don't care anymore. I just need to get out of here." He said.

"So if you've been here for a long time, do you see people come and go a lot?" I asked.

"All the time." He said.

"So what do we do now?" I asked him.

"We wait. We wait until we wake up or die."

{Two weeks later}

Anthony and I have become good friends. We keep each other company. He showed me his body a few days ago and it looks bad. But he's a fighter.

There was a girl with us for a few days but she died and disappeared.

"So what happens when you die?" I asked him. "Like what happens to my spirit?"

"I don't really know, you just kind of.. disappear." He said. "Do you want to wake up Ian?" He asked me.

"Yeah I do. I want to be with my girlfriend Savannah. I can't leave her. Not yet. Our life was just getting good. What about you Anthony?"

"I just want to die. Find out what's on the other side. I don't really see a point sticking around here. I just want to be free." He answered.

I understood where he was coming from. He didn't have much to live for. Where I had Savannah, family and friends.

We were sitting and talking when all of sudden I felt this horrible pain in my chest.

"Ian?" Anthony yelled.

"W-what's happening?" I choked out.

"I don't- I don't know Ian. Just hang in there okay! Everything is going to be fine." He said, trying to calm me down.

Suddenly, everything went black. I felt something horrible in my throat. I felt like someone was shoving a television remote down my throat.

My eyes shot open and I looked around frantically. I saw Savannah look and me and then run out of the room. Soon a bunch of nurses were helping me and taking the tube out of my mouth.

'I did it.' I thought.

I got out. I woke up.