Chapter 13 - Hope

*Savannah's Point of View*

I crossed my fingers and walked back into the hospital.

"Please god, be alive." I whispered to myself.

I pressed the second floor button on the elevator and waited. I walked out into the hallway and turned left and stood in front of the second door.

I took a deep breath and opened the door.

The first thing I heard was a beep and then a few seconds later another a beep. It was his heartbeat monitor. He had a heartbeat. He's alive.

I ran over to his bed and held his hand.

"Oh my god, thank God." I said, holding his hand tight and kissing it.

"I'll never leave you again." I whispered to Ian.

I was sitting next to Ian's bed, reading in my favourite uncomfortable chair.

It's been a week or so and I haven't left his side, unless I had to.

It was just a normal day, reading and sitting to my boyfriend who's in a coma. Wow, this is my life now.

I was enjoying my book, when I heard this choking noise. I looked up from my book and saw Ian with his eyes wide open, choking on the tube down his throat.

I quickly got up and ran out of his room yelling "Help! Help!"

Nurses came running and into Ian's room.

A few minutes later, I was finally allowed in to see him.

It took me a long time to figure out what I was going to say to him. We haven't had a real conversation in over 2 weeks. Just one-sided conversations that he probably never heard.

I took a deep breath and walked into the second room on the left.

When I walked in, he was looking out the window but once I closed the door his head turned and he saw me.

"Savannah?" He said with an obvious lump in his throat.

I nodded, and started to cry. I walked over to his bed and carefully put my arms around him. He hugged me back and held me as I started to cry into his chest. After awhile I pulled away and wiped my eyes on my sleeve.

"What's wrong?" He asked, concerned.

I thought for a second, what was wrong? I couldn't tell if it was tears of joy or something else.

"I-I thought you were d-dead Ian." I said with a pit in my stomach. "You almost died. I was behind the wheel of that car. I almost killed you Ian."

"Savannah. Don't you dare say that. It was not your fault at all. It doesn't matter, I'm right here with you." He said. "I love you Savannah."