Chapter 15 - Let Go

*Ian's Point of View*

After a few days, I finally was allowed to leave the hospital and go home.

"Hey, you go wait in the car, I'll check out and I have to do something really quick." I told Savannah.

She nodded then kissed my cheek and walked away.

I watched Savannah leave and then made my way to the reception desk.

"Hello Sir, how can I help you?" A nice old lady asked me.

"Hi, I'm looking for an Anthony somewhere in the hospital. He's been in here for a few years and I was wondering if you could tell me what room and floor he is on."

"Anthony Padilla, he's been here four years and he's on the fifth floor, fourth door on the right." She smiled.

"Thank you." I said and made my way to the elevator.

I went up and made my way to Anthony's room.

He looked the same way he did when I met him in 'The Middle World.' He was paler but still the same.

I took a chair and sat beside his bed. He was on a life support system but I could feel his presence in the room.

"Hey Anthony, I know you're here and you can hear me. I just wanted to thank you for helping me. I got out bro. I did it because of you." I smiled and a few tears pricked my eyes. "Just let go, man. There's nothing here for you. Maybe I'll see you on the other side some day. Hopefully in the distant future. Just let go and be free."

As soon as the words left my mouth, his heartbeat monitor went crazy and it showed a flat line.

'He did it.' I thought. 'He let go.'

"See you on the other side bro." I smiled and walked out of his room and out of the hospital.