Chapter 12 - Flat Line

*Savannah's Point of View*

It took 6 days for me to get released from the hospital.

I had no idea what to do when I walked out of the hospital's front doors. Do I go home? Do I stay here with Ian? Do I go to Ian's?

I just decided to get into my car and drive.

Somehow I ended up at the lake that Ian and I jumped into for the first time about a month and a half ago.

It was early December and the water was freezing.

I just sat at the end of dock and thought about everything.

What's going to happen to Ian? What are we going to do? Are we going to be the same if he wakes up?

There was a million thoughts going through my head. I was too deep in thought to even notice the tears streaming down my face.

I called Sam and Dan and told them where I was and to come and meet me.

About 20 minutes later, both of them showed up at the same time.

I ran up to the both of them from the dock and pulled them into a hug at the same time.

"Shhhh. It's okay Savannah." Sam comforted me as I cried.

"Are you okay?" Dan asked as I pulled away from the both of them. I wiped my eyes with my sweater sleeve and shook my head.

We sat at the end of the dock together and talked for hours.

At one point, I looked over to both of them on my left side and just thought 'They might be all I have left.'

"Hey guys, can you come see Ian with me? I don't think I can do it by myself again." I asked.

They said yes and Dan drove us to the hospital.

We parked the car and we walked into the hospital arm in arm. We got into the elevator and pressed the button to the second floor.

We all sat down in chairs across from Ian's bed and looked at him.

He looked a little better. A few of the cuts are healing and some of the stitches are out but he's still as pale as a ghost.

We all talked about memories and talked about what's been happening in our lives, like Ian could actually hear us.

It was about supper time when Sam and Dan left me alone with Ian.

I pulled my chair closer to his bed and held his hand. I started to cry. I held his hand close to my face and just left my walls break down.

After awhile, we were just sitting there. Ian and I. I ignored all the machines and tubes supporting him because all I could see is Ian and I in a white room.

I guess I fell asleep and I woke up suddenly to a loud beeping.

I looked to at his heart rate monitor and I saw a flat line.

"No no no no." I said as I ran out of the room. "Help! Someone help!" I yelled.

A huge crowd of nurses ran into the room.

I couldn't look. Ian had no heartbeat.

I ran away from that room as fast as I could. I needed to get out of this hospital. I couldn't breath and I felt like I was going to fall over.

Once I felt that cold Sacramento air on my face, I could finally breath again.

For all I know, Ian could be dead or alive right now.