Prolouge

A young boy sat on his windowsill, knees up to his chest for warmth as he watched the outside world

A young boy sat on his windowsill, knees up to his chest for warmth as he watched the outside world. His black hair and unnatural blue eyes stood out in sharp contrast to his white shirt and trousers. He shivered, goosebumps dancing across his pale skin as the thin materials did nothing to hold back the chill of the room. Bare feet twitched as he sighed. The cold was sinking deep into his bones; it was the only thing keeping him awake.

A deep groaning echoed around the room. The walls were made of concrete and decorated with stains and scratch marks. A simple cot stood pressed into a corner with only a thin blanket covering the filthy mattress. The window which he peered out of, was eclipsed in bars to prevent any escape attempts.  It was useless anyway.

Dust fell from the ceiling as another deep groan echoed around the room. The base was currently being attacked. The boy hoped that it was the avengers. Footsteps sounded outside as people ran past. Suddenly the door swung open as Pietro and Wanda Maximof, better known as the witch twins, strolled inside. The boy gave them a brief uninterested glance, unsurprised by their unexpected arrival, before turning back to the window.

"We are about to be deployed", Pietro spoken, voice heavy with his Russian accent. "You need to get ready".

The boy stood up languidly, with an almost cat like fluidity in his small limbs. Wanda wordlessly held up a pair of plimsoles which the boy begrudgingly slipped over his feet. His blue eyes blinked innocently up at the twins who stood there stoically. They both knew that this boy was anything but innocent despite what his age would suggest.

In synchronisation, the three of them strolled at an even pace over to the nearest exit. Down below in the valley, the boy could see the avengers taking out their tanks and soldiers with a child like easiness. He could see the green form of the hulk as he smashed through their defences as if they were nothing but lego blocks.
"They won't see me coming", Pietro smirked as he sped off, leaving nothing more than a silver trail behind him.

Wanda gave the boy a nod as he held up his arm. His sleeve fell back exposing a metal wristband that was particularly grafted into his skin. Wanda bent down, pressing a few buttons on the metal. The wristband vibrated slightly as it deactivated and fell apart leaving a deep red scar. The boy gave her a large grateful grin which Wanda returned . "There, we have honoured our side of the bargain. You may go".

The boy wrapped his small arms around her waist in a brief hug before stepping back. Wanda smiled mournfully as the boy disappeared in a small flash of blue. She sighed briefly before slinking away into the shadows, ready to rip the avengers apart.
"See you later Emil Barnes".

A few weeks later a boy stood outside a electronics store in New York City. The TV screen in the shop window displayed a gruesome battle scene as the avengers fought against something called ultron. He watched as someone was shot down, someone with silver hair. Across the world, Wanda screamed. The boy stood there quietly, a lone tear trailing down his cheek.

Unedited