Twenty five

"Stay still!" Shuri hissed as she knitted up the silk material

"Stay still!" Shuri hissed as she knitted up the silk material. Emil huffed and rolled his eyes, obediently freezing as Shuri struggled with his tie.

"Do you even know how to tie this?" He asked, watching as Shuri boy more and more frustrated.

"I've seen T'Challa do it once", she admitted. "Why don't you just wear stuff like us? It's a Hell of a lot easier, and probably comfier".

"I wonder that too", Emil muttered. "What I wouldn't give to be wearing trainers right now". He glanced down at the awkwardly new dress shoes on his feet. The black leather gleamed under the the lab lights going well with his midnight blue suit. He had to say that Shuri had good taste. The material was comfy and well fitted, slimming his body and showing off any curves or lines, the colour so dark that it almost looked black. It brought out the brightness of his eyes. Midnight blue trousers and blazer over a black shirt imprinted with outlines of white flowers. She knew his taste well.

"Give that here", a voice echoed. Shuri stepped back from the Emil to allow Bucky to step up. Emil smiled at him as Bucky took the corner of the white tie dangling round his neck. He began to instruct Shuri on how to tie it properly, pointing where to tuck and knot.

Both of them stood back to survey their work. "Damn boy", Shuri chuckled. "You look good". Emil grinned and gave her a little twirl. "Now", She continued, gesturing to various parts of the material. "The cloth is basically flame proof but don't stand in a fire too long. It is reinforced and stab proof, but not bullet proof so avoid getting shot. It is also able to conduct electricity if you need to recharge".

"I honestly wonder what you think I get up too", Emil commented dryly as he tried to absorb the information. "It's not like I'm batman. The most I do is graffiti buildings. Why would I need all that?"

Shuri shrugged. "I just wanted to see if I could do it. Besides, you'll have the suit for a while and may need something like this".

Emil quirked an eyebrow but gave up complaining. Instead, he turned to Bucky and held out his arms. "So, do I look good?"

"You look very handsome Emil", Bucky replied with a soft smile. Emil returned it before quickly checking the time.

"Guys I've got to go", he said. Shuri picked up the corsage box from the table and handed it to him along with two iris flowers which she tucked into his pocket. Emil gave her a grin. "I'll see you guys tomorrow".

"Have fun", Bucky smiled. Emil waved before disappearing with a flash of blue light.

The minute Emil saw Peter's face he knew something was wrong. Liz's mum had just let him in, leading him to where Peter and Liz were waiting in the kitchen. Liz's mum was a warm and friendly woman. Emil had met her a few times before when he had study dates at their house. She welcomed him with a smile and a pat on the shoulder.

Emil hadn't met Liz's dad. He was always working. The nam seemed nice enough, shaking his hand and giving him a welcome ("you can call me mr toomes")but there was something odd about him, something fake. Emil returned his smile, introducing himself  politely before stepping back slightly to greet Liz and Peter.

Liz was dressed elegantly in a stylish red dress which showed off her figure and fanned our around her waist. She beamed when she saw Emil, pulling him into a hug. "Oh you got me a corsage", she exclaimed. "Peter's already given me one though but I can wear this on the other arm".

"It's a yellow rose which means joy and friendship ", Emil explained as he tied it on Liz's left wrist. The flowers contrasted nicely with her red dress, the shade warm against her skin tone.

"Aww that's so sweet". Liz wrapped him in a quick and friendly hug. Her mum cooed and snapped a photo.

Emil turned to Peter who was stood at the side, watching nervously. The shorter boy had cleaned up well. Dressed in a nice black suit with a white shirt and slicked back hair. But his face was tight, whole being radiating anxiety.

Emil walked over to him, one hand holding out one of the iris flowers. He gently tucked it into Peter's breast pocket with a warm reassuring smile. "We have iris's which means valour. I thought that it would suit us better than a yellow rose".

"Thanks", Peter said in surprise, his anxiety lessening somewhat.

"Come on boys, pictures", Mrs Toomes interrupted, beckoning them closer to Liz. The three of them posed obediently, Emil's and Peter's arms around Liz's waist while she draped her arms around their shoulders.

"Lovely, Peter Dear. Please smile a bit more", Mrs Toomes asked. Peter was looking like he had swallowed a frog. Emil took his hand and gave it a comforting squeeze which forced a slight smile from the other's lips.

"Right", Mr Toomes clapped his hands once the photos were over. "Let's get going huh".

Peter paled slightly, much to Emil's confusion, as they were hustled out of the front door and towards the car. Emil grabbed Peter's hand, pulling him back slightly as Liz and Mr Toomes continued forward. "What's wrong?" He whispered whilst pretending to tidy Peter's suit up a bit.

"Mr Toomes", Peter muttered.

"What about him?"

"He's the vulture. The one leading the weapon operation I've been dealing with", Peter replied as Emil straitened the iris in his pocket.

"Are you sure?" Emil asked, watching Peter's face. It was set and honest.

"Come on lads", Mr Toomes called from the car making both boys jump. "You don't want to keep my daughter waiting".

Emil turned back to the car, slowly trudging over. He had a feeling that this night was not going to go as planned.

Unedited