Eighteen

"So, why are you here?" Emil asked Sam curiously

"So, why are you here?" Emil asked Sam curiously. The man was leading him towards where he had parked the jet he had taken from Wakanda. Apparently, T'challa had found out what was happening and had immediately contacted Steve. Steve, being the worried uncle, had sent Sam to the scene. His own face was far too recognisable.

"Steve sent me", Sam grinned and slung an arm around Emil's shoulders. "Why? Not happy to see your uncle".

"Honestly", Emil smirked. "I was hoping for Natasha. She's so much cooler".

"Why you little," Sam went to ruffle Emil's hair but Emil dodged. Ducking under his arm, Emil sprinted forward.

"On your left!" He called back mockingly, sticking his tongue out for extra measure.

Sam groaned. "Dammit Emil! You spend way to much time with Steve".

Emil laughed and raced around a corner. Once he was out of sight from the Washington monument, he stopped and waited. A minute later Sam cam around the corner panting slightly.

"Awww Sam, how does it feel to know that you've been beaten by two ninety year olds and now a fifteen year old", Emil gave him a pouty face and pretended to brush away a tear. "Is your ego hurt? Did your pride take a bit of a hit? Will you survive?"

"Fuck off", Sam scowled as Emil cackled. "Damn super soldiers".

When Emil's laughter died down, he looked around. The street was mostly deserted apart from a few people walking with their backs to the two of them. Satisfied, Emil turned and waved at Sam.

"Meet you in Wakanda", he grinned.

"Wait! Emil-"

There was a flash of blue light and the teen was gone. Sam cursed and started to walk back to where he had parked the invisible jet, hoping that he would be able to find it.

Emil appeared in the Wakanda throne room. The room was empty, the ornate chairs and throne. Noticing the dirt floor, he took off his shoe to allow the red dirt to tickle his toes. Walking around the throne, Emil stopped at the large window over looking Wakanda. Leaning his head against the cool glass, he sighed. He was feeling tired. The days events were catching up with him.

The doors opened behind him. Turning round, Emil watched as Steve and T'challa strode in followed by Shuri and Okoye.

"Hey uncle Steve", Emil grinned as Steve engulfed him in a hug.

"What happened?" Steve asked as he pulled away.

"It's nice to see you too", Emil mumbled. Shuri smirked.

"Emil", Steve's voice was worried. "You could have died. Why did you not teleport away?" It did not surprise Emil to know that Steve had seen what happened. With Shuri's technology, they probably created a 3D simulation just from the security footage.

"I couldn't have teleported. It would have revealed who I am!" Emil exclaimed with slight frustration. "I trusted Spider-Man to save me. You should trust that".

"Yes I do trust you", Steve sighed, placing his hands on Emil's shoulders. "I just want you to be safe. I lost Bucky. I don't want to lose you".

Emil blinker and looked down, unable to bare the guilt and concern in Steve's eyes.

"You should stay away from that spider kid", Steve voiced after a minute of tense silence. "He's Tony's kid which could make him dangerous if he works for the government. It's best that you go into hiding".

"What?" Emil asked in disbelief, anger rising up. "Spider-Man would not do anything to put me in harm. He's just a bit new, he makes mistakes".

"Mistakes that could get you killed!" Steve shouted. "Don't think that I didn't know about your little dip the other day. You could have drowned if it wasn't for Tony. You're glad that Tony did not have you arrested".

"Stop trying to protect me! I know that!" Emil screamed back. Their raised voices echoed through the room. "I saved Spider-Man because I wanted to. I want to save people Steve. I want to be a hero! Not an assassin. I'm sick and tired of being a murderer".

Emil was too angry to notice that he was beginning to glow blue. Like he often did before he teleported. Shuri noticed and subtlety brought up a screen on her wrist computer to analyse the scene.

"You're a child!" Steve protested.

"Yes! A child!" Emil spat, not realising that the glow was getting brighter. "A child assassin. I have never been a child. I want a normal life. I want to go to school, get a boyfriend, do things normal teens do. Just let me live normally for once!"

The air was beginning to crackle around Emil. Small blue sparks were coming off his skin and exploding in the air. His eyes were glowing like headlights, directing his anger like powerful beams. Emil seemed to have noticed. He looked down at his hands in shock and began to back away.

"I need to go", He croaked. "Sorry T'challa for this". And he teleported. The resounding energy exploded round the room. The glass shattered and the chairs were thrown across the room. Everyone was thrown to the ground.

Once the blue light had cleared, Shuri sat up.

"Interesting," she commented.

Unedited