Fifteen

"Hey guys", Peter greeted the group

"What Peter? I thought you quit", Liz asked. Emil looked up from where he was sitting and raised his eyebrows.

"I thought I could rejoin the team", Peter shrugged.

"No you can't rejoin the team and be welcomed back by everybody", Flash scowled.

Mr Harrington stepped off the bus and grinned. "Welcome back Peter. Flash your back on the bench".

"What?" Flash stuttered.

"He's taking your place", Abe smirked. Emil gave him a high five.

"Can we go already? I was hoping to get in some light protesting before dinner", MJ asked.

"Protesting is patriotic. Let's get on the bus".

"Hey Emil", Peter greeted as they climbed aboard. "What are you doing here? You're not part of the team".

"Moral support", Emil grinned before taking a seat. In truth, Liz had been annoyed that he ditched her party and made him accompany her on this trip. She claimed that she needed someone to stop her from freaking out under the pressure.

The journey went by fast. Liz spent the time quizzing the team with Emil checking the answers. Soon enough they were in DC and had checked into the hotel.

"Emil, you will be rooming with Liz. No canoodling and I mean it", Mr Harrington warned them as he gave them their key.

"Honestly sir, Liz is amazing and all but I'm more likely to canoodle with Abe or Peter", Emil laughed. "I bat for the other team".

Abe heard and jokingly blew Emil a kiss. Emil pretended to swoon, much to the humour of the team. Emil caught Peter laughing and bit back a blush. He was just too cute. Liz caught it and nudged Emil with her elbow, raising an eyebrow.

"Well, then", Mr Harrington coughed. "Everyone knows their room partners so go and check in. We'll meet back here later".

"So you still have a crush on Peter Parker huh?"Liz asked as soon as they entered their hotel room.

"Yeah but he's probably straight. I mean, he has such an obvious crush on you", Emil sighed, flopping on to the nearest bed.

"Urgh why do all gay guys say that. You never know if someone is straight or not until they tell you", Liz complained.

"You heterosexuals out number us, so the chance of someone being straight is higher than them being lgbt", Emil pointed out.

"I give up", Liz threw her hands up in exasperation.

"Okay", Emil smiled. "On a different note, how's it like being captain?"

"Stressful", Liz groaned. "I just really want to win this thing".

"I saw a pool earlier", Emil said nonchalantly. "And I heard that rebellious activity can strengthen group bonds".

Liz paused. "Are you suggesting that we sneak out to go swimming?"

"More or less".

"Emil you come up with the best ideas", Liz grinned and hugged him, much to his protests.

The Liz and Emil giggled as they snuck across the corridor. "Sshh", Liz whispered to the group behind them.
Just as they snuck past Peter's room the door opened and Peter came out, zipping up a hoodie.

"Hey, Petey", Emil grinned. "We're going swimming, tell Ned".

Peter froze, his eyes raking Emil up and down. His chest was exposed, his scars standing proud on his white skin, and he was wearing a short pair of black swimming trunks, a towel draped around his neck.

"Liz thinks that rebellious activity strengthens group bonds", Emil chuckled. "Come on".

"No it's okay, I'm just getting some snacks", Peter pointed in the opposite direction.

Emil raised an eyebrow, suspicions raised. "Yeah well, tell Ned. I don't want him to miss out". 

Emil watched as Peter unlocked his hotel room and yelled the message to Ned, before closing the door.

"I'll see you down there then", Emil waved and sprinted after the retreating group.

Peter waved slowly, eyes fixed on the retreating boy, before pulling up his hood and jogging in the opposite direction.

Unedited