Two

In was around midnight that Emil received a phone call

In was around midnight that Emil received a phone call. He was still awake, lying on his mattress with a pencil in his hand and a sketch book under his chin. The light from passing cars and street lamps illuminated his room. His walls were covered in murals, a sublime concoction of colours that it was almost blinding to the naked eye. So much was going on that it would give any normal person a headache. However Emil found it calming. The world was too dull.

It was then his phone went off. It released a series of chirps like a cricket signalling that he was getting a call. With a sigh Emil dropped his pencil and rolled off his mattress and onto the floor, too lazy to actually get up. Sitting up on the cold wooden floorboards, he scanned the room.

His apartment was really only a attic with one main room and a small bathroom. The main room was a combination of kitchen and living space. The only raised surfaces being the counter along one wall which held all the necessary kitchen supplies as well as a mini fridge and freezer. The floor was covered in old art canvases, some a work in progress other already finished, art supplies and bean bags. A tv stood across from the mattress, which served as a bed, next to a chest of drawers which held Emil's clothes.

It was dark since he had no electric lighting, his eyes being able to see in the dark just as well as the day. The only light came from outside or the small battery powered fairy lights which were strung across the high pointed ceiling. It was a home.

Emil located the noisy device with a groan. He was tired and really could not be bothered with any prank call. Pulling the phone from under a purple bean bag, he pressed answer and held it to his ear.

"Look," he spoke harshly. "If you are another company trying to get my money or a prank caller then hang up now or I will not be very nice".

There was a crackle of static before a voiced answered.
"Emil?"

"Who is this?" Emil barked, sitting up. This was bad. Someone knew his name. This meant that they had caught on to him.

"Emil Barnes? Emil, come to the car park outside shield headquarters in Berlin Germany. Someone will met you there. We are friends ". The voice instructed.

Emil growled, not liking being told what to do. "How can I tell?"

"We are friends Boo". With that the call cut off.

Emil gave a yell of frustration, hurling the phone across the room. It collided against a canvas, which was leaning against the wall, with a light thump before sliding to the floor. Burying his hands in his hair with a groan, Emil kicked his feet against the floor much like a child having a tantrum.

The use of the name was infuriating. Only Hydra called him Boo. It was a teasing nickname which he hated. Mostly the men in charge would use it to make him seem more childish, playing off his innocent looks and big blue eyes. Ironic since they were the ones who took his childhood away from him.  But the name meant something. It meant that whoever the person was on the other end of that call knew him. They would know how many people he has killed, the hell that hydra put them through. There was only one person who would use it so flippantly.

With a defeated noise, Emil began to pack, stuffing only the essentials into a small rucksack. Once he was ready to go he vanished with a small flash of blue light.

Unedited