Thirty

Peter gasped and coughed

Peter gasped and coughed. There was a weight pressing down on his legs and chest and he choked a sob. Dust coated him and he tugged off his mask with a grunt of pain. He was unsure how long he had been unconscious, a few minutes maybe. His body ached but he was sure that nothing was broken, maybe a cracked rib or two but nothing too serious. Blood dropped into his eyes from a cut on his forehead and he wiped it away with a groan. Luckily he had ended up neared the part of the building that was still standing and it had protected him from the worst of the collapse. If Emil hadn't pushed him away.

"Emil?" He croaked before coughing. "Emil?" He tried louder. There was no reply. With several groans of pain, he shifted and managed to heave the rubble off him. Standing up was a bit harder as every muscle protested but he limped to his feet.

"Emil!" He called again, voice desperate. "Please Emil Answer me! Emil!"

There was still he reply.

Peter was sobbing now, dry heaving sob as he scoured the rubble. "Emil please!" He was almost begging. "Emil!"

There was a sound to his right. A muffled whimper and a cough. Peter turned and hastily pushed aside some of the wreckage. "Emil, oh god Emil", he breathed. Emil had not been as lucky as him. He was pinned beneath a massive lump of concrete with only his head and shoulders visible. Dried blood coated his face and his lip was split, his mask torn and hanging from one ear. He blinked up at Peter dazedly, probably due to concussion, his blue eyes dimmer than normal.

"Peter", he muttered and coughed. "Your Okay".

"Yeah. Thanks for saving me", Peter smiled at him, taking his head in his hands as he tried to keep his voice reassuring. "Let's get you out of here okay? Can you teleport?"

Emil furrowed his brows for a moment. There was a small flicker of blue light but nothing happened. "No" he whined and coughed again. "Too much weight". He spat out a bit of blood onto the ground and wheezed. "I can't breathe".

"Alright, alright", Peter muttered, panicking. "I'm going to try and lift this off you okay, hang tight". Taking the corners of the stone in his hands, he heaved. The stone did not move. He tried again, body screaming, but nothing happened.

He was sobbing. "Help!" He screamed. "Help! My friend needs help! Please anyone!"

"We're too far away from the city", Emil muttered. He tried to move slightly but let out a whimper.

"Hey hey, try not to move Okay", Peter soothed. Emil blinked up at him, eyes wide and bleary. In any other situation, Peter might have found this cute, but now he was concerned. He had never seen Emil look less alert. If he wasn't worried before, he was out right scared now.

"Peter", Emil wheezed. "I can't breathe. I can't breathe. I I.." his voice broke with a sob.

Peter didn't know what to do. Emil was going to die if he didn't do something. The rubble was slowly suffocating him and Peter was helpless against it. He glanced down at the floor, eyes catching on where he had dropped his mask.  Tony Stark's words flashed through his mind.

"I'm going to try to lift it again Emil", he said and Emil nodded. Taking the rock in his hands again, he heaved. Nothing. "Come on Spider-Man", he muttered and tried again. The rock shifted slightly. He pushed further, feeling the stone move under his hands as he slowly raised the rubble up. His breath came in pants and he screamed with the effort as he moved. Above him something shifted and he was able to push the rocks aside.

Emil  gasped and rolled over, body reflexively curling in on itself as he drew in grateful lungs of air. Peter was by his side in an instant, pulling him out of the rubble. "Are you okay?" He asked.

Emil gave himself a once over, his head slightly clearer now that he could breathe. "A few broken ribs I think, probably internal bruising. A sprained wrist and maybe a sprained ankle. Mild concussion and full body bruises along with some particularly nasty cuts. Not too bad, I've had worse". He glanced at Peter. He looked better than he did and Emil was glad that he'd had time to push the other away.

"We should get you to a hospital", Peter muttered as he helped Emil to his feet. Emil winced, definitely a sprained ankle, and limped forwards.

"We can't", he spoke between gasps of breath. "I have a different genetic structure. They'd want to experiment on me. And We need to stop mr Toomes".

"Oh shit the plane", Peter swore. "Are you able to teleport?"

"I'll be fine", Emil reassured him. "You got, I'll catch up". Peter nodded, giving him a worried look but something in Emil's face convinced him go. Emil lent forwards, pressing his lips to Peter's forehead for a second before pulling back with a smile. "You go get him Spider-Man".

He watched as Peter swung back towards the city before slowly letting his legs crumble under him. "Fuck", he swore and he gripped his sides. "So it's a little bit more than internal bruising. Just my luck". There was a flash of blue light and he disappeared.

Unedited