Thirteen

Emil screamed in pain and frustration, his voice muffled by a pillow

Emil screamed in pain and frustration, his voice muffled by a pillow. He let his legs pull him into the bathroom and he sighed as he examined himself in the mirror. Bruises every colour of the rainbow littered across his back and shoulders with a few extra dotting his chest and face. Most of the injuries on his front he had gotten from rolling around on the roof of the van, whilst the others on his back were the result of falling into the lake from a very high altitude. Running a hand through his hair, Emil winced at his reflection.

"Just once, I wanted something normal", he complained out loud. "Why can't I just have a crush? But no! The boy I've been crushing on has to be Spider-Man". Emil chuckled dryly. He winced again and sighed. "Why do I bother?", He asked himself.

Moving back into the other room, he made his way over to the bed and collapsed on the mattress. The movement made him cry out but then he relaxed into the pillow. Opening his phone he saw a missed call from Liz and a text message from Peter . Selecting the message, he smiled.

PrettyPete
Hi. How was the party?

EvilEmil
Weren't you there?

PrettyPete
Yeah but I had to leave early for something.
About dinner, I was thinking maybe tomorrow?
If that's okay.

EvilEmil
Sure, I'm free. What time?

PrettyPete
How about six?

EvilEmil
See you tomorrow then.

PrettyPete
Okay, goodnight.

EvilEmil
Goodnight Peter.

Emil could not stop the smile from spreading across his lips. Turning over, he stared up at the fairy lights hanging from the ceiling. Eventually he fell asleep, thinking about Peter Parker.

Unedited