Eleven

"Come on", Peter urged himself

"Come on", Peter urged himself. He was crouching on top of Liz's neighbours house, watching the party go on below. "Just swing in and say 'Oh Hey, I'm Spider-Man, Peter's friend'. It should be fine".  

Gathering his nerves, he slowly started to rise into a standing position when a bright blue light blinded him. Recoiling, he fell backwards off the roof only to be stopped by a hand grasping his arm. Looking up, he saw the masked face of Boo staring down at him.

"Hey Spidy. How's it hanging?" Emil asked cheerfully as he pulled Peter back onto the roof.

Once he was safely steady again, Peter whirled to the boy. "Can you not scare me half to death?" He asked in annoyance.

Emil held up his hands in mock innocence. "That was not my intention. I just thought I should drop in on you for once, since your always the one who finds me".

Peter stared at him suspiciously. "What gives?" He asked. "Normally I have to encourage you to talk to me. So what are you planning Boo?"

Emil shrugged. "Maybe I wanted to show you something. Something that can make the others take you seriously as a hero".

Peter was intrigued but still suspicious. Whilst Boo had not done anything since he had escaped from hydra, he still was a assassin and one of hydras top agents. He also never did anything that didn't benefit him in some way. "Why?" Peter asked, standing up to face Boo properly. "Why are you doing this?"

Was it Peter's imagination or did Boo look a bit sheepish?
"Well, I saw what happened to that sandwich shop", he mumbled, eyes fixed on his shoes. "I have often brought food from there. It's nice. But I did some digging and found that the people who sold those weird weapons are in the middle of selling some now. And it's just...." Emil broke off, not quite believing that he was about to say this to the spider boy. "... I kinda want to do something nice for once. I don't really want to be hunted forever. Stark might had gotten me pardoned but if I don't become apart of shield or the avengers in some way then the government is going to come after me again. And I promised my father that I wouldn't get captured".

Peter didn't really know what to say. He was rather shocked to find that Boo actually had a heart. He knew that the other teen had a heart, but he didn't know that he actually cared. "I don't believe you", Peter crossed his arms. "You could have helped me fight off those bank robbers or you could have come to me sooner. You're an assassin and you tried to fight me. Why should I believe you?"

Emil ducked his head. "I knew that you were still bitter about that", he muttered.

In truth, Peter had actually forgiven him. He was just bringing it up to see how Boo would react.

Emil sighed. "I hated being an assassin. I have been trained to kill people since I could walk. I have been tortured, electrocuted, beaten in so many ways. I was just a child-
But then I escaped and met people, people other than hydra agents. I had people actually care for me for the first time. They taught me what it was like to be a teenager, to be more than an assassin and a killer. They taught me how important life is. And I regret it".