Chapter 12: Mission: Sneak-In

I know it's been a long time since I've written, so I'm sorry for that. Busy and low inspiration....but I'm baaaaaack! :) Kind of... ;)

Enjoy!

When I woke up this morning, I felt a strange lightness to my body. I felt...lifted, somehow. I had a good night's sleep, I didn't feel the need to puke, and I, strangely enough, felt like singing. Erik's voice was playing through my mind all night and now this morning-his beautiful, masculine, musical voice.

My heart leaps to my throat. Again. I have no clue why.

Easy girl, I scold myself.

Today, Allison and I called in taking a sick day for both school and work. I need to figure out how I'm suppose to tell the school and work about my pregnancy (same with my parents...which I'm still dreading!) I throw the troubling thoughts away and sigh, going back to my blissful state. I was sure it was going to be a good day today.

Until breakfast, that is.

"I think we should go to Jack's house today."

The words made my body freeze, making the eggs fall off my fork when my hand stop it's path to my mouth. Allison and I have just sat down to eat breakfast when she decided to drop this bomb off. It was my favorite kind of breakfast too: scrambled eggs and blueberry pancakes. Yum!

Now that 'yum' turned into a 'yuck'!

"What?" I ask dryly.

"You heard me." Allison casually takes a bite of pancake.

"Um...yes, but I didn't like it." I put my fork down, no longer hungry. I almost whine out, My favorite breakfast.... At least I stop myself from fulfulling that thought vocally. Otherwise that would've been pathetic.

"I wish I didn't..." I mumble.

"We need to get your phone back."

I nod. "I know." I don't want to, but I know. There are a lot of important things on that phone and there are some things I don't want jack to know about. Like my pregnancy. The thought of him discovering our-my-child, chills my heart. I give Allison an anxious look. "You're coming with me....right?"

Allison nods. "Of course. What kind of a friend would I be if I didn't?" She smiles. "So how are we going to do this? How do you want to do this?"

I shrug. "I don't really know." Allison looks back at me. I guess this really is going to have to be up to me. "Well...I want to do this in a way so that he doesn't know that we stopped by."

She nods. "Mmhm. Understandable."

"If Jack still does his normal routine-" He probably does. The guy doesn't have a heart, so it's not like he has the need to feel depressed over a break-up. "-then the best time to do this would be seven o'clock."

"Why?" Allison has stopped eating now, giving me her full attention.

I play with my eggs, a little embarrassed that I'm admitting this. "Becasue that's when Jack usually goes to a club for a full hour." More like half the night.

Allison's eyes widen. "And he did this even during your relationship?"

I nod. I don't want to say it out loud, it's too embarrassing.

"The bastard," she growls.

I don't say anything-there is nothing to say when it's the truth.

"So," I say continuing. "I guess we'll go by at seven and look for my phone.That way he doesn't know we were there and we could get in and get out before we know it."