Chapter 29: Tuesday Revelations (part 1)

People, guess what? We are getting to the moment all you readers have been waiting for!! HAHAHA!! :) And don't worry, there is still a lot more to come...A LOT more. I hope I'm not boring you. Let me know, and I'll try to make it more interesting. :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hello?"

"Hey, Rebecca," I chirp. 

"Hello..." she sounds cautious. "Who is this?"

"Oh!" I laugh. "I'm sorry. This is Amy."

"Oh!" There's some recognition in her voice now. "Amy, how are you?"

"I'm good." I smile. 

"This is probably the first time you called me on my cell. I was wondering when you were going to do that." 

"Sorry, things have been a little....well, hectic." I wince to myself. That sounded weak.

"Oh, I'm sorry, dear. Did something happen?" Rebecca asks, concerned. 

I wince again. "I told my parents that I'm pregnant. They didn't take it very well." 

"Oh...oh I'm sorry."

It's been about three days since I called my parents, they haven't called back and I still feel hurt from their words and actions. I'm trying not to dwell so deeply on it, but that's proving to be more difficult than it sounds.

I sigh. "So, I was wondering if maybe you can come over tomorrow? Maybe we can talk, have some girl time?"

I hear the refrigerator door snap open. Shocked, I jump. I look behind me. Allison is glaring at me, holding a carton of milk. She slams the door shut.

Okay. What did I do? 

Isn't sad how whenever Allison is angry, I automatically think it's my fault?

"Sure! I'd love too. What time would work for you?" Rebecca asks. 

Allison throws a box of Cheerios onto the table. The box breezes past me and I jump back. Those poor Cheerios are probably little crumbs now. My eyes wide, I stare at Allison, watching her every move. Her face is pouty and red.

'What?!' I mouth at her, getting a little angry. Then I remember that Rebecca asked me a question. "Oh, um...will around three be okay?"

"Sounds grand. If, um, if I don't get a babysitter, do you mind if my son comes along?" Rebecca sounds slightly embarrassed. I can imagine a slight blush on her cheeks.

"Wouldn't mind at all." I reassure her. "See you tomorrow, then?"

"Yep. Bye, Amy."

"Bye, Rebecca." I hang up the phone. 

Allison, coldly, passes me a bowl. "Here. Eat up."

I groan. "What now?"

""Girl time'?" Allison repeats, placing air quotes. "You can have that with me!"

Finally understanding, I grin mischievously. "Oh! I get it...your jealous!"

She scoffs. "No I'm not!"

"You are! But don't worry about it. I didn't call Rebecca becuase of-" I put in her air quotes, "-'girl time'. I called her because I want to try something....and...maybe have some fun."

Allison's mouth forms an 'o'. "Isn't Rebecca the secretary at Nadir's office?"

"Yes." I sit down at the table, Allison sits next to me. Looks like she finally settled down.