Chapter 39: A Surprise Visit

This is going to get exciting!!! And sad. At least, I hope it's going to be exciting for you all.

Enjoy! Leave comments if you want :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"See you two later!" I smile brightly at Allison and Nadir. They are standing by the door ready to go on their fancy dinner date. And I really do mean fancy, for they are all dressed up. Allison and I will definitely be talking about this later.

Erik is inside...somewhere... Tonight, we decided to stay here and have a home cooked meal that I made. Hope he likes it. It's eggplant parmesean....one of my favorites. 

"Yep." Allison gives me a small hug. Pulling back, she winks, "Have fun." I wince at her indication. I don't know why she said or did that-there is nothing to 'indicate' and she knows it. Well...that's probably the reason why right there.

"See ya, Erik," Nadir cries out, waving his hand. He nods to me, giving me a dazzling smile. 

He seems to give those more when Allison is around. I like that she makes him do that.

Erik appears next to me out of thin air, making me jump. "Leave already, Persian....and...lady." His voice grows softer when addressing Allison.

Nadir smirks, starting to close the door. Before he closes it all the way, he points one final finger at us both, "Behave, you two. I'm sure Allison will agree with me when I say we don't want to come home to see two butts raised high in the air."

Before Erik and I could oppose to his comment, Nadir slams the door shut; their laughter can be heard bouncing off the walls. 

Erik and I are both turn red in the face. We look at one another and giggle nervously. 

"They are two much alike," I mumble, still heated.

"It's a hazard." Erik admits. 

"A crime," I agree.

"They can't be stopped."

"And neither will we by their comments. I'm not sure about you Erik, but I'm starving!" I walk into the kitchen, holding my grumbling stomach. 

"I am too. What did you make, exactly?" Erik stands behind me, leaning on the counter. 

I pull the dish from the oven, setting it atop on the stove. I was keeping it warm for Erik since the food was ready before Erik and Nadir got here. Which was my plan.

Lola is gone for the evening...and the night, actually. She's at a friend's for a sleep over. Can you believe it?! I couldn't. Allison and I, originally, wouldn't be this open to letting her stay at someone's, but we know this family and their daughter very well. We knew they could be trusted. And better yet, Lola trusted them, which made us feel even better.

"Eggplant parmesean." I answer him.

"Huh. Sounds interesting." He leans his head down toward the tray and sniffs. His eyes pop. "Wow. Smells great."

I smile, pleased at his praise. "Then I hope you really enjoy it."

In five minutes, I set our food-filled plates down on the dining table. Erik really enjoyed the dish, which I was more than pleased about. We also talked about his work. He's been working on this opera for the past several months, he is now trying to sell it and have it performed. He won't tell me what it's about yet, but he says I'll be the first to know when it comes to the theatres. 

I really want to see his opera. 

Erik and I eventually grow cozy on the couch, holding hands and just enjoying each others company. We talk about school and work and Lola and everything else in the world. Which includes politics. Not my favorite subject, but Erik likes giving his opinion on them so I give him the satisfaction. Besides that one topic, our conversations never get old or boring. I also tell him of some of my childhood-his request. 

I tell him a mixture of stories, including dramatic moments, sad moments, scary moments, happy moments....etc. He was pleased with most of them, jealous with others (like when I mentioned a few of my past crushes), and angry at the ones that were scary. On the comedic ones, he just laughed at them. 

Glad to know he finds my life entertaining.

I desperately wanted to ask about his past, but was scared that it would ruin the evening. I know that his past was a battlefield. I decided that I would let him come out with it first, unless he takes too long to do so; then I will ask him. 

My pregnancy is still a secret...for now. I will tell soon. Promise. I have too; that bump is growing more and more noticeable. 

"Hey," I poke his side. "When your opera comes out, will you take me to see it?"

Erik seems surprised I asked, "Of course! No doubt about it. I'll need the support."

"When does it come out?"

"In...about seven months."

Not for a while then, I think. "I'm really excited for it." I lean into his shoulder, digging my nose into his shirt. "You smell good."

Erik chuckles. "That's off-topic."

"It was random," I agree. 

Erik kisses the side of my head. "So, is that the end of your life story or is there more I need to be made aware of?"

"No, that's pretty much it," I state quietly. 

I guess another topic that needs to be discussed are our parents. Mine won't be brought up for a while, and I don't think Erik' will be mentioned anytime soon either. Based on dedictive reasoning. 

"Did you like it?" I ask, interested. "My life story?"

"I found it to be quite the adventure," Erik responds. 

"I'm sure yours is more of one."

"Yeah; mine's the path of Hell. Thrilling." He states, sarcastically. 

I rub his chest, enjoying every ripple of muscle I feel. 

"I love it when you do that," he mumbles. His eyes gently close. 

"When I rub my hand along your chest?" I ask. 

He groans lightly. "Yeah. It makes me feel special; loved. And it feels good."

You are loved, Erik. I just haven't told you yet.

In a spontaneous descision, I open my mouth, deciding to confide in him my true feelings-the doorbell rings before I could utter a syllable. 

Erik and I look at each other, confused. 

"Who can that be?" I ask, frustrated. I was angry for several things: one; whoever was at the door,  interrupted my serious confession and two; our lovey-dovey moment.

Erik sighs, appearing to share my feelings. "Can't be our two love-birds, they have keys. And it can't be Lola, she would call us first...I think." Erik stands, stretching. "Amy, I'm going to go to the bathroom real quick, okay?"

I nod, watching him leave. 

Sighing, I go to the door and open it. I gasp, feeling the blood leave my head. My hands cover my mouth, my heart speeding to an impossible speed. 

"Mom! Dad!" I gasp out. 

That's right; my parents, apparently, made a surprise visit.

Oh no.........