Epilogue: One year Later

This is it y'all-the last chapter. I hope everyone has enjoyed my book. I thank all who have voted, commented, and read my book. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I watch, amsued, as Nadir chases Erik and Lola, making growly noises as he does so. Lola squeals in delight and Erik pretends to be scared. It's quite the comical sight, let me tell you. I smile as I hold the picnic blanket in my hands.

"Here." Allison sighs, unfolding the blanket. She takes one end while I take the other. Together, we lie it down perfectly on the soft, green grass. 

Our lives have finally returned to normal.

It's been a whole year since I lost my baby, since that whole nightmare. I was in there for six weeks before the hospital released me. During that time, my healing process (emotionally and physically) was slow and painful. After three weeks of that pain, I finally revealed the secret about my baby and my possible infertility to everyone (and I mean everyone). Of course, my parents already knew half of the secret  it already, which helped make it easier. Everyone apologized to me and expressed their sorrow, but none we're disgusted.

I was stupid to think that as a possibility. 

As soon as I was released from the hospital, the first thing I wanted to do was give my statement and put Jack in jail forever. That's exactly what Erik and I did. Except, instead of forever, Jack got twenty years. That's good enough for me.

Even though I was released, I've had to go back to the hospital a few times for some check-ups and tests. Erik attended every appointment with me. It was discovered that I am not completely infertile, but it will definitely be harder for me to get pregnant and remain pregnant. So, in other words, it's basically impossible for me to conceive.

Erik and I do not care though. We love each other, and we remind each other that everyday. Literally. Erik will never shut up about it. He would smile at me, kiss me, then tell me how much he longs for me, loves me, burns for me, and needs me, etcetera.

No joke.

Then I tell him the same thing. Why? Because it's the truth.

We've also, of course, have been going on plenty of dates. We've had a variety of them. Some were romantic and set at fancy restaurants, others were a lot like our paintball games, and there were even some embarrassing ones. We've had laughs, a few tiffs, some tears, but mostly happy moments. We go everywhere together, that's for sure. And we never let go of the other either; one of us is always touching the other. 

Work has been kind on me. Tony knows of my...situation so he's been letting me off easy, and I'm still getting paid fully.

Nadir and Allison are still together and staying strong. They really are the perfect couple. They know how to tease one another and they have the same sense of humor. Which can be completely evil at times. Nadir looks at no one but her and Allison only looks at him.

My parents stayed with us for two weeks when I was released from the hospital. They got really connected to everyone in the Church group, even Nick has opened up to them. Lola calls them 'Nana' and 'Papa', like they're her grand-parents. I was quite touched by that. And I know they were, too. She is their particular favorite.

Rebecca and Jake are also together. After two more months of dating, I finally saw them hold hands. It was so cute and wonderful to see. I almost jumped in the air and did a cheer. Kyle has even become an important part of Jake's life. He likes Jake and Jake likes him. Jake once told me that Kyle thinks that he looks like a Jedi knight, mostly because of his cloak. I never realized how true that was until Kyle pointed that out. Also I heard that Rebecca has recently asked to see Jake without his hood. He didn't take it off at the time, but a little bird told me that he might take it off soon...