Chapter 50: Seeing Jake (part 4)

Alright! Another update. Now sarahlet2999 won't be angry at me any longer!!!! :)

I must say thanks to all my followers and to all the people who are reading and enjoying my book. Thank you so much for the wonderful support!!!

And again, I apologize if the EDITING is SO HORRIBLE!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I show no emotion as I observe Jake's face. 

There is nothing significantly disgusting about it. Actually there is nothing scary or disgusting about it at all. I have seen worse, much worse. In fact, Erik's deformity is a little more extensive than this. 

But neither of them are disgusting. No, Jack is disgusting. These two...not even close. 

Jake's deformity involves extremely pointy cheekbones, overly sagging eyes, and huge droopy ears. Also   his upper lip is a little more upturned than the bottom, almost like he's giving a permanent half-smile. 

He looks fine. In a way he reminds me of a lost puppy.

As I look at him, many emotions jumble inside me; mostly excitement and fear. Excitement because I finally get to see what Jake looks like and fear because I have no idea how angry he is going to be, if he is angry at all.

I hope the anger moniter is zero. 

We continue to stare at each other, our breathing being the only sound in the room. I reach up a hand and gently touch his face. I move my fingers softly across his cheek and eyes and ears. "You aren't disgusting, Jake," I tell him. "You are fine just the way you are. I'm not running." I cup his face in both of my hands, making him look me in the eyes. "And I don't think Rebecca would either."

Tears start pouring from Jake's eyes. His shoulders are trembling like an earthquake. Whimpers and small whines exit his mouth. Crying. Jake is crying.

Poor Jake. 

"H-how c-could I-I see h-her n-now?" He chokes out. "S-surely she w-wouldn't want t-to see m-me."

"I think she would." I assue him. I rub his blond hair...which is...surprisingly soft. "If you just apologize and explain to her why you did what you did I think she'll understand."

Jake sniffles, trying to calm down. 

"She might still want to see your deformity someday," I warn, softly. "But she will wait until you're ready. Just don't make her wait too long, it wouldn't be fair for her or you. If she does leave you because of your face....then I completely overestimated her and she doesn't deserve you. If she doesn't, then I wish you two all the happiness in the world."

Jake's overflow of tears start up again. 

Whoops! I was trying to make him stop, not start again. 

I cuddle him into my arms, pacifying him. "Shh!" I soothe. "It'll be okay. We'll fix this."

Jake nods. "I need to call her. I need to tell her what I feel...and why..."

"It'll probably best if you wait until tomorrow. That way you can talk to her in a calm manner and she can spend the night to think things through and calm down herself. At least wait until tomorrow morning." I rub his head. "Okay?"

He nods again.

"You got soft hair," I comment. 

Jake lets out a small laugh. "Thanks. But you don't have to sound so surprised."