Chapter 49: Seeing Jake (part 3)

I'm back! Phew! Long time no see....or read, I guess. :) Well, here is another chapter. I'm on Christmas break, so I think I'll be able to update a little more. I would also like to say Happy Holidays!!

Also, to the right is Jackie Evancho (can you beleive she is 14 years old???)

P.S.: Forgive me if it is not edited properly. I was too excited to take a lot of time to look over it. :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What happened? I can't help but wonder. A whirlwind of scenarios fly through my mind, but each scenario seems wrong, almost impossible. Why? Because I never would've imagined that he would reject her. Not her! After all they've been through. They were perfect for each other. 

I hope Rebecca will be okay; she looked devastated. Her expression swims back in my mind...there was such sadness.

Timidly I knock on my door-I am assuming Jake is still in there.

I don't get an answer. I open the door.

"Jake?" I peek in, trying to find him.

I see him on my bed. His shoulders are hunched up to his neck and his head is resting on his hands. His whole aura looks grey, depressed.

I quietly enter my room. I close the door, standing beside it, waiting for him to say something. "Jake?" I ask again. He doesn't say anything. I, hopefully with a calm manner, walk to him and then sit down on the bed.

"What happened?" I voice my thoughts aloud.

"Nothing," he mumbles. His voice cracks, as if it was strained.

Has he been crying?

"Oh, come on," I slightly patronize. "Don't give me that lame excuse. Tell me what happened. I want to help." I reach for one of his hands, grasping it lightly. I think he needs the emotional support.

Jake's hand twitches, surprised. The hood lifts up a little, acknowledging me. "I don't want to talk about it."

I sigh, cocking my head slightly to the left. "Well, I already know most of it, so why not?"

"Wait, how do you know "most of it?"" He asks. "She...."

"When I went to the doctor's this morning, she and I talked for a few minutes and told me what she was planning."

"So you knew?"

I nod. "Yep." My tone goes low, getting serious. "But I didn't know that you'd reject her. I never even thought of it as a possiblility."

Silence.

Oh, that lovely silence.

"I thought you liked her," I whisper, mostly to myself. I am so confused as to how I could of messed this up, not only for her, but for him, too. "I was so sure. And I think you even told me you liked her, but now...now I don't know."

How could my crazy, pregnany lady-match-making skills be so off????!!! UGGHH!!!

More silence.

 Okay, looks like pregnant lady needs to give Jake a little push. I want him to talk to me. I want to know if I was just seeing things or if he's not telling me something or what.

"She looked so sad." Okay, I admit, this might be pushing it a little too much, but its my best bet. "She rushed out the door like it'd kill her if she didn't. Well, I can't blame her: unrequited love can be very harsh on the heart."