~ Chapter 9 ~

I wrote my uncle the letter and all I have to do now is head up to Dumbledore's office so he can send it for me. I put all of my stuff in my duffle bag and threw it over my shoulder. But before I did that I put a quill, a mini container of ink, and a blank piece of parchment inside the envelope that was addressed to Sirius Black. I made my way to the Gargoyale and gave it the password that is still Licourice Wands and walked inside. I was slightly suprised to see Professor Snape in there.

"If it's a bad time Professor I could come back." I said politely to Professor Dumbledore.

"No, Ms. Lestrange there is no need for that, Severus and I have just finished." Severus bid good-bye to the Professor and we gave eachother a curt nod as an acknowlegement. When he was out the door Dumbledore spoke again. "Ms. Lestrange what do I owe to earn this visit?"

"Well Professor, you said I was aloud to write to my Uncle and that you would deliver it if I chose to write to him. So I came to give you a letter that I wrote to him." I said pulling the letter out of my pocket.

"Very well then." He reached his hand out so I could give him the letter which I did. "I shall take you letter now then. I should have a response before dinner for you."

I thanked the Professor and left his office. I headed back to the Dungeons to talk to Sabastion. When I got inside I saw him sitting at one of the back tables and I started to head towards him. Before I could step a few feet into the Common Room I was pulled back outside into the corridor again. I would have done something, but they were stronger than me and had my mouth covered with their hand. When I finally saw who it was it happened to be Terence Higgs, the seeker for the Slytherin Quiddtich team who is also friends with Flint.

"Hey." He said calmly after he let go of me. I was really confused.

"Umm, hey?"

"Sorry about that."

"Ugh-huh. Why did you bring me out here?" I asked cautiously.

"To warn you." I looked at him even more confused so he continued. "Marcus made you one of his newest targets well after that Gryffindor Wood at least."

"Well isn't that great news to hear," I said sarcastically, "but why are you telling me this aren't you one of his friends?" This question made him a bit uncomfortable and I can tell becasue he was looking at his feet and shuffling around all nervously.

"I umm thought that you should know that you are a target now." He said still not looking up at me, that was not the only reason I could tell.

"But thats not the only reason is it?" I asked him voicing my assumtions. I waited for him to answer.

"You seem like the person I shouldn't hurt, I don't want to make the wrong choices with you." I wasn't really sure on how to respond to this new piece of information.

"Thanks. I think?" I said still unsure about the whole situation.

"It's a good thing" He assured me.

"Well thanks I am just going to go back inside and work on some assignments." With that I turned around and headed back inside the common room and walked over to Sabastion who was still in the back corner of the room. When I reached him I said, "You wouldn't believe who stopped me outside of the Common Room just now."

He looked up from him work and asked, "Who was it?"

"Terence Higgs, the new Seeker."

"The one that is friends with Flint?" I nodded. "What did he want?"

"Well I guess my dear friend Marcus has added me to his list of people to get at but I am not on the top of the list its some person named Wood."

"Wood was made Gryffindor Keeper. But why would Higgs warn you about that wouldn't he be in one it?"

"That's what I asked, but he said that I am the type of person that he shouldn't hurt or make the wrong choices around. He said that was a good thing. I am still confused by it though." I was why would he go out of his way to warn me that one of his best friends has it out for me.

"Well it could be some type of trick to have your gaurd up and them end up on not do anything to you, to make you scared that Flint is trying to get you."

"That could be it. Flint would try to make me scared of him. Even after that Howler a few weeks ago. Oh and I wrote to my uncle and gave the letter to Dumbledore I should have a responce before dinner." I told him he nodded and looked at his watch.

"Come on we have Herbology with the Ravenclaws in 10 minutes." We both grabbed our stuff and went to have an uneventful time in Herbology with the know-it-all's.