alarte ascendare

Alerte Ascendare (A-LAR-tey ah-SEN-deh-rey); shoots the target high into the air.

Cassiopeia is in her office, looking through Steve Rogers' papers when a soft knock can be heard on the door.

She cocks her head to her side a little, curious. Abraham and Peggy never knocks on their joint office door. Howard? The thought of Howard Stark knocking her office door made Cassiopeia nearly scoffed.

Pushing her papers in a neat stack in front of her, she opens her mouth. "Come in."

The door creaked slightly as a scrawny blond man walked in gingerly. Cassiopeia raised her left brow as she stared at him.

"Erm, Dr. Erskine told me to have my blood sampled by you. He'll join us later." He shifts from foot to foot, clearly uncomfortable.

Cassiopeia clucked her tongue as she motioned Steve to sit down as she prepared the needle she need to take Steve's blood by sterilizing it.

"So you're done with the talk with Abraham, then?"

"I'm sorry?"

Cassiopeia offered him a small smile. "Abraham told me he were going to talk to you about your awesomeness."

A tinge of red started to color Steve's cheeks. Cassiopeia chuckled lightly as she moved to sit in front of him, cleaning the spot where she'll inject the syringe with alcohol.

"You know, Abraham always told me this," She said seriously, dabbing the skin lightly. "'Good becomes great, bad becomes worse. Don't forget that, Cassie. We have to find a person that reminds us that kindness still exist.'"

Cassiopeia smiled softly. "I am sure Abraham had told you this, but the serum only amplifies what's in you."

"I.. yeah." Steve replied, clearing his throat. "But I think what I did today is what everyone would do and not that special."

"You'd be surprised at how wars changed people," Cassiopeia chuckled darkly as she picks up the syringe. "Now I'm going to inject this, and it's going to sting a little. Relax, okay?"

Steve nodded, and the whole process went in a flourish. As Cassiopeia is putting Steve's blood in the container, the man cleared his throat.

"I'm sorry if I sound rude, but you seemed pretty young for a Doctor."

That made Cassiopeia stopped her hand movements. She put the container on the table and glancing at Steve before picking up a label and began scribbling on it.

"I--You don't have to answer that if that makes you uncomfortable. I--I'm sorry. I don't know what's gotten into me."

Cassiopeia glances at Steve's apologetic face and trembling voice and how flustered he looked and have to admit that he is the perfect candidate for the Super Soldier Serum.

She sticks the label to the container and put the container beside rows of blood samples before turning back to Steve.

"No need to apologize. Yes, I am young. I'm 23 and I'm so damn proud that I can help protect my country."

Steve nodded wistfully. "I think so, too. You must be very happy to be able to do that."

Cassiopeia pursed her lips together and looks like she was going to reply, but before she can do that, a flutter of wings made the both of them snapped their heads to the window, where an owl is currently perched on the windowsill, clutching on what looks like papers.

Steve didn't know that Cassiopeia's lips can go any thinner than it already is, but as she crossed the room in two long strides and retrieved the envelope from the owl's clutch, her mouth is set on a line so thin.

He watched as the woman turns over the envelope before putting it down on her desk with a sigh. She noticed Steve's eyes and smile half-heartedly at him before rummaging through the cabinet on her right and pulls out a small piece of dried meat.

He watched as Cassiopeia give the meat to the  owl and watch it fly away, and then he cleared his throat.
"That's.." He paused for a second, searching for the right word. "..is an unique way to deliver your letters."

Cassiopeia smiled warily. "Yes. Yes it is."