calvorio

calvorio (CAL-voh-RHI-oh); a curse that removes the victim's hair or headdress.

Cassiopeia groaned as she put her head on the cold of her desk. The untouched, steaming coffee mug is laid beside her, but she made no move for it.

After going to the Chinese restaurant with Charlie yesterday and making breads and cakes until late last night, she found herself sleeping at four in the morning.

For the umpeenth time, as she reached for her coffee mug, she began considering hiring assistants. Preferably three. One to help her cook, one to help her clean, and one on the cashier.

Truthfully, she didn't expect her business to boom, but it did.

Shoving the idea of having an assistant to help her cook down (for a simple reason--she used magic to make her products, and it will be a challenge--not to mention illegal--to explain flying loafs to Muggles), she downed her coffee and nearly shrieked when she looked up only to find a man on her store.

It's Steve Rogers. Dressed in a tight tracksuit and pants, with an awkwardㅡif not slightly guiltyㅡgrin on his face.

"Rough night?"

Cassiopeia gave him a wry smile. "You can say that. How may I help you?"

"I want to visit an old friend today." He began. "And I want to bring your chocolate set."

"Why, that's wonderful." Cassiopeia smiled warmly as she moved from behind the counter. Walking to one of the glassracks, she turned to him. "What kind of chocolates do they like?"

"Um," Steve began, rubbing his hands together. "I... I don't know, actually. Does that matter?"

Cassiopeia smiled patiently. "Yes. Our Sirius here contains mostly dark chocolates. Alphard, mostly white. Regulus have fruit chocolates, and if you want a little bit of everything, then Cassiopeia is for you."

"Oh." Steve replied, licking his lips, looking confused. "I... I really don't know. It's been so long since I met her."

Cassiopeia nodded, an undechiperable look on her face as she reached for a box. She handed it to Steve with a smile on her face.

"If you don't know, just go with Cassiopeia. It have a little bit of everything."

Steve took the box, relief visible on his eyes. "Thank you."

"No problem." Cassiopeia replied as she walked to the cash registry, Steve following her.

As she wrapped the chocolate box in a paper bag, Steve couldn't help stealing glances at her, couldn't quite shaking off the feeling of as if he had seen her before.

Cassiopeia suddenly looked up at him, eyebrows raised, and Steve cleared his throat. "I'm sorry. You just look so much like a person I used to know."

She gave him a forced smile. "I heard that a lot." Handing the paper bag to Steve, she was quiet as she counted Steve's money and putting it into the cash register.

"But I would appreciate it if you cut out the staring. It's really uncomfortable." She opened her mouth as she gave Steve his change. "If you have anything to say to me, don't just stare. I can't read minds."

"Sorry, Ma'am." Steve automatically replied. He could feel heat rising on his cheeks as Cassiopeia gave him a wry smile. "Have a nice day, Mr Rogers."

Steve nodded curtly as she head for the door. "You too."

Steve's hand was still on the doorknob when a loud bang echoes on the room.