baubilious

Baubillious (baw-BILL-ee-us); the exact effects of the spell are unknown, though it presumably is of damaging nature and it produces a bolt of white light from the tip of the wand.

As he spun his back to face the owner of the voice, Steve had to catch himself from exclaiming in surprise as he saw the lady in front of him.

The lady look so awfully familiar, and only then Steve realized why she looked familiar--She looked exactly like Cassiopeia Black.

The resemblance is rather eerie.

Steve shook his head as he focused his attention somewhere, somewhere other than that resemblance, but his traitorous mind keeps going back at the memories of Cassiopeia Black, and with a pang of sadness only Steve realized why.

It had been an almost habitual thing he'd developed with Bucky back in the day--Back when they had just reunited and Bucky was still curious about the woman he claimed to have saved his life.

Bucky had always been on the look for her, and would always approach anyone who looked even the least bit similar to Cassiopeia Black as Steve knows her.

Over times, Bucky's habit somehow rubbed on to Steve, and he'd always been looking for Cassiopeia Black, too. He would approach them and asked, "Are you Cassiopeia?" Or just "Cassiopeia?" And the answer he'd always received are always, "No," or "Sorry."

So when Steve, without even realizing it, said her name tentatively, he hadn't expected a yes as an answer.

The woman stared at him in what looks like an awe--or shock, before collecting herself. With a polite smile, she tilted her head to the side. "Yes, cassiopeia. How odd! You said you've never come here before but you certainly know about our cassiopeia."

Now it was Steve's turn to crunch his brows in confusion as the woman walks to one of the display racks and picked up one of the black boxes. She smiled proudly as she approached Steve.

"I guess our little cassiopeia had gotten famous."

Steve now raised his brows, first at her, then at the sophisticated box she hold.

The black box had a simple writings of CASSIOPEIA in block letters, and upon seeing his still-confused expression, the woman opened the box.

Rows of small, square shaped dark chocolates greeted his eyes. The chocolates are decorated with nuts and white chocolates, forming an intricate design Steve could not make out. Upon closer inspection, it almost seemed like the small chocolates only serves as a canvas to the art on top of it.

"This is our cassiopeia sample box." The woman smiled. "If you examined it long enough, you'll see that this is a drawing of the constellation cassiopeia. See, it started here and ended there."

Sure enough, Steve could make out a shape, and it is beautiful and clever, but this cassiopeia isn't what he meant when he said Cassiopeia earlier.

Steve cleared his throat before he opened his mouth. "I'm sorry, but I didn't mean cassiopeia as in chocolate. I mean Cassiopeia as in your name."

The woman's smile falters for a second before coming back. "Why, yes, my name is Cassiopeia. That's part of why I named this place Ancient Constellation." She chuckled. "But have we met before? I'm not the best when it comes to faces."

Steve hesitated. This woman in front of him sounded and looked eerily familiar to one Cassiopeia he knows, the one Cassiopeia that had turned him into a super-soldier.

She looked exactly like Cassiopeia Black that died seventy years ago, that Steve had to remind himself that she's already dead, and this is seventy years in the future. Even if she's still alive, she would be really old.

This woman couldn't be the Cassiopeia he knew, and yet Steve felt like he know her from somewhere.

The woman looked at him with a mix of confusion and discomfort, and Steve realized that he might have come across as weird and creepy. He didn't blame her, really.

Realizing that she is still waiting for an answer, Steve opted to smile sheepishly. "No, I didn't think we've met before, Ma'am." He offered an answer. "You just look exactly like an old friend of mine and you have the same name that for a second I forgot she's already dead."

Her face turned into a surprised one as she opened her mouth. "I'm sorry."

"No, it's not your fault, Ma'am. I am the one who brought it up. It's me who should be sorry, really."

The woman cleared her throat, clearly uncomfortable as she eyed him. "Erm,  do you still want to know what is recommended in this place?"

Steve offered her a polite smile as he let the woman guide him to one of the chairs. "As a matter of fact, yes."

♧♧♧
Aaah thank you for voting and reading and adding this to your reading lists! Me wuv u so much xx

I've been busy with trying to brush up my Arabic since the language is mandatory in one of the college entrance exams I intend to take, but the last time I used Arabic was back in Elementary so God help me and the fact that I studied Mandarin in highschool didn't help either since that means I keep on jumbling the words.

I probably butchered this chapter because of that, so I'm sorry. Words confuse me nowadays lmao