anapneo

Anapneo (ah-NAP-nee-oh); Clears the target's airway, should they find it blocked.

"I plan to continue working in the army." Cassiopeia stated slowly to her brothers. The three of them are cuddled side by side in the living room couch, eating candies and chips. Abraxas and Henry are still in the kitchen, washing the dishes after the dinner.

"I don't think it's a good idea, Cass," Alphard, the oldest of the three siblings, began. "Knowing the dangers, I know that there is no way Mother and Father will approve."

"And even if they do approve, I don't." Orion interjects, frowning. "We almost lost you, Cass. You almost die. Had it not been for Henry and Abraxas, you wouldn't even be here. I think it's time we stop meddling with the war."

"And what? Taking care of the family business? You know full well that our family benefits from war." Cassiopeia frowns, popping a lemon candy to her mouth.

"But it's safer that way, Cass." Alphard said. "Being involved in a war, whether in a muggle side or the wizarding side, is dangerous. You know that. Orion knows that. Our parents know that. Even the ministry knows that, and that's why we only send small troops. The risks are not worth it."

"But Theseus Scamander--"

"Is a rare occurence." Orion interjects, his eyes burning. He glances at the door to make sure Henry and Abraxas are out of earshot. "You remembered why they remove Potter from the sacred twenty?" He asked in a lowered tone.

Cassiopeia furrowed her brows in defeat. She sighs. "Time has changed, Orion. Even the ministry is sending troops now."

"That doesn't mean you can just waltz in and be involved in the war, Cass," Orion said exasperatedly. He looked at Alphard, who's quiet all the time, watching the exchange with an amused look. "Back me up, Alph."

Alphard raised his brows. "Well, I don't want you to die, that's for sure." He fell quiet for a second, weighing his words. "And I am sure Father and Mother will worry about the fate of the Black family name if you do insist to join the army, and that's why I think they wouldn't agree."

He raised his left hand to silence Cassiopeia when he sees her opened her mouth. "However, that decision, and the decision to whether or not to convince our parents are up to you." He finished, and Orion looked at him in disbelief.

"I... I can't believe you!" The younger man exclaims, throwing his hands. "You basically just told her that she can do whatever she wants!"

"She is a grown woman who can be held accountable for her own actions, Orion." Alphard retorted drily. "Although I must made my stature very clear; I do not approve you to try and join the army again. Whether or not you'll heed to my advice or not is up to you." He continued, and Orion sighed exasperatedly.

"Alph! How could you?!" He began, but Cassiopeia cuts him off. "You heard Alphard, Orion. He had a point there."

"But still! How could I let you walk to the arms of dangers?"

"Who walks to the arms of dangers?" A curious voice jumped in, and Henry stepped in, giving curious glances to the three of them. Abraxas is behind him, a tray of hot steaming pot and glasses on his hand.

"This woman!" Orion replied, pointing at Cassiopeia. "Help me out, Hen, Abe." He began, opening his mouth. "She insists that she wanted to continue working in the army!"

Henry and Abraxas sneaks a glance at each other before Henry cleared his throat. "Er. I don't think that's possible. For you to work in the army again, I mean."

Cassiopeia raised her brows. "Oh? And why is that?" She retorted skeptically.

Henry scratched his neck. "Erm. You see... When we, me and Abe found you, you're such in a bad condition that no human could still be alive," He cleared his throat. "So we have to, eh, use some magic to rescue you... And if you do join the army again, the muggles will become suspicious, because truth to be told, no human can still be alive after being shot in the chest."

"And to have you work in the muggle army again will be a breach to the Statute of Secrecy!" Orion exclaims, smiling in relief as he side hugged his sister.

Cassiopeia was quiet for a second before slowly, a crafty grin spreads on her mouth. "Then I'll sign up to be a Healer."